- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
- Paarl Rocks’ Kyle Verreynne aiming for the top prize
- Ferguson, Munro and Seifert to face England in T20 warm-ups
- Jozi Stars sign Shoaib Malik for MSL
- Tridents beat the unbeatable Warriors to take the Hero CPL 2019 title
India Women win 6th Asia Cup in a row
India women continued their domination over other Asian countries after winning Sixth Asia Cup 2016. This is their Six out of Six title wins in Asia Cricket Council originated tournament. Today they beat Pakistan women by 17 runs and won all matches in this tournament. They were off color during home Twenty20 International Series against West Indies women in November, but on the song from game one till today. Finally they became champions of same tournament once again.
Pcitures Credit: Abhilasha Agrawal
After winning the toss Bismah Maroof Pakistan Women captain decided to chase down what India will make. But Mithali Raj played an extra-ordinary innings and career best in Twenty20 Internationals on all important day. She batted from ball One till last ball of the innings. Other Indian batters played around her only Jhulan Goswami hit few boundaries in the end of innings she made 17 runs off 10 balls. Mithali Raj remained unbeaten on 73 off 65 balls including one huge Six and 7 fours. India Women set target 122 in 20 overs for Pakistan.
Pakistan women opening batters started well and scored 18 runs in first 3 overs. They were looked confident, but Indian speed star Jhulan Goswami dismissed Ayesha Zafar on 14 runs in 5th over, In next over Shikha Pandey dismissed Asmaviya Iqbal on dented Pakistan women team’s hopes. Than Javeria Khan and Captain Bismah Maroof put 28 runs which gave them some hope. On 56 Pakistan lost their 3rd wicket when Javeria Khan chipped towards cover position and caught by Kaur on well-made 22. Later Bismah Also failed to play a long innings; she could only make 25 runs. None of other batters were able to get few quick runs and could only make 104 for 6 inn their innings and failed short 17 runs.
Player of Match and tournament Award was given to Mithali Raj on her wonderful performance throughout the tournament.
India women 121 for 5 overs 20 (Raj 73*, Amin 2-24)
Pakistan women 104 for 6 overs 20 (Maroof 25, Bisht 2-22)
Result: India Women won by 17 runs