- A record number of players enter Hero CPL draft with player list announced
- All-round Nida Dar puts Pakistan 1-0 in T20 series
- Jamaica Tallawahs have signed Chris Gayle as their Marquee Player
- Hero CPL tournament moves to 4 September to 12 October 2019
- CSA T20 Challenge Knights vs Titans Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Warriors vs Lions Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Lions vs Knights Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Warriors Match Preview
India Women win 6th Asia Cup in a row
India women continued their domination over other Asian countries after winning Sixth Asia Cup 2016. This is their Six out of Six title wins in Asia Cricket Council originated tournament. Today they beat Pakistan women by 17 runs and won all matches in this tournament. They were off color during home Twenty20 International Series against West Indies women in November, but on the song from game one till today. Finally they became champions of same tournament once again.
Pcitures Credit: Abhilasha Agrawal
After winning the toss Bismah Maroof Pakistan Women captain decided to chase down what India will make. But Mithali Raj played an extra-ordinary innings and career best in Twenty20 Internationals on all important day. She batted from ball One till last ball of the innings. Other Indian batters played around her only Jhulan Goswami hit few boundaries in the end of innings she made 17 runs off 10 balls. Mithali Raj remained unbeaten on 73 off 65 balls including one huge Six and 7 fours. India Women set target 122 in 20 overs for Pakistan.
Pakistan women opening batters started well and scored 18 runs in first 3 overs. They were looked confident, but Indian speed star Jhulan Goswami dismissed Ayesha Zafar on 14 runs in 5th over, In next over Shikha Pandey dismissed Asmaviya Iqbal on dented Pakistan women team’s hopes. Than Javeria Khan and Captain Bismah Maroof put 28 runs which gave them some hope. On 56 Pakistan lost their 3rd wicket when Javeria Khan chipped towards cover position and caught by Kaur on well-made 22. Later Bismah Also failed to play a long innings; she could only make 25 runs. None of other batters were able to get few quick runs and could only make 104 for 6 inn their innings and failed short 17 runs.
Player of Match and tournament Award was given to Mithali Raj on her wonderful performance throughout the tournament.
India women 121 for 5 overs 20 (Raj 73*, Amin 2-24)
Pakistan women 104 for 6 overs 20 (Maroof 25, Bisht 2-22)
Result: India Women won by 17 runs