- Nasir Jamshed banned for One year
- PSL Champions Peshawar Zalmi announce to host Global Zalmi League next year
- CSA T20 Challenge 2017 Schedule & Results
- Live Streaming of HBL Pakistan Super League Player Draft 2017
- Rangpur Riders Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Sylhet Sixers Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Rajshahi Kings Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Khulna Titans Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Chittagong Vikings Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Comilla Victorians Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
Quetta Gladiators added Abdul Razzaq
Quetta Gladiators announced their new assistant and bowling coach in place of Ian Pont. Abdul Razzaq, the Pakistan all-rounder, is set to join the Pakistan Super League (PSL) franchise. The former Essex fast bowler Ian Pont had shown his concerns over this decision, but also send best wishes to him and franchise through social media message.
Quetta Gladiators’ management didn’t inform Ian Pont about their decision. He released a statement on November 30 “I have just found out on social media, that I have been replaced as assistant and bowling coach for 2016 PSL runners-up, Quetta Gladiators. Naturally, I respect the franchise’s decision to bring in someone else. That is their right,”
“I do find it highly unprofessional not to have seen contacted by anyone from Quetta Gladiators about this beforehand, and only to discover the fact from a tweet by Abdul Razzaq who has been roped in as my replacement,” he further added.
“Worse still, it is extremely late for me to approach another franchise in the PSL and had I been told what Quetta was planning, I could have at least had the chances to do so. The PSL is a really good competition and it was Shahid Afridi who personally advised me to go into it. I hope it goes from strength to strength.
“Putting my own disappointment aside, I wish Abdul very well in his new role. I am sure the fans will welcome him. Perhaps he can go one better and help win the PSL. Cricket is rife with poor communication and muddled thinking. However, remaining professional is a prerequisite regardless,” stated the 55-year-old.
This time they (Quetta) are going with Pakistani support staff. Moin Khan will remain their head coach, while decision about Sir Viv Richards has to be taken. We assume he will continue his job as a mentor for the upcoming season of PSL 2017. Abdul Razzak represented Pakistan in 46 Tests, 265 ODIs and 32 T20Is. It will be his first appearance as a Bowling Coach at higher level.
Pakistan Super League’s second edition is scheduled to be played on 9th of February 2017 in Dubai. Zalmi will play their match against defending champions United. Gladiators will play their first match on the next day against Qalandars.