- Global T20 Canada 2019 Schedule & Results
- Yuvraj, Afridi, Pollard, Mccullum, Gayle, Russell picked in GT20 Canada player Draft
- GT20 Canada Player Draft season 2 Live Streaming
- Trinbago Knight Riders Squad for CPL 2019
- St Lucia Stars Squad for CPL 2019
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Squad for CPL 2019
- Jamaica Tallawahs Squad for CPL 2019
- Guyana Amazon Warriors Squad for CPL 2019
- Barbados Tridents Squad for CPL 2019
- Caribbean Premier League 2019 Schedule & Results
IPL 2017 | Lucknow may host few matches
Season 10 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) could have a new address if the authorities are able to get the stadium in Sports City ready in time. IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla told TOI on Wednesday (December 7) that he will do a recce on Friday and then take a call after consulting the board (BCCI) members.
“We can’t confirm if IPL will be held in Lucknow next year. But if the arrangements are made according to international standards, matches can be held. The board is going to inspect the facilities before taking a decision,” Shukla said.
The ground is playing host to a Ranji Trophy game between Andhra and Hyderabad and the players are elated. “It’s an amazing ground. The wicket is very sporting but because of the winter conditions the fast bowlers were getting a lot of purchase. On the whole, it was a very enjoyable experience for us. By the time the IPL starts, it will be early summer and I am sure the wicket will be a good one to bat on,” said Andhra skipper GH Vihari, who has also played for Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL.
“The fast bowlers had a field day as they got a lot of movement off the wicket and in the air too. The outfield is fabulous and once the stadium is completed, I think it will be one of the best in the country,” said Hyderabad opener P Akshath Reddy.
“It’s a wonderful setting and very good for cricket. It’s a sporting wicket with something in it for the pacers and once the batsmen settle down they can play their strokes,” said Hyderabad’s assistant coach Zakir Hussain.
Shukla also confirmed that UPCA has purchased land near Delhi to build a stadium of international standards. “More stadia means more cricket and that is going to be good for the game,” he added.