- Hero Caribbean Premier League Draft to take place on 22 May 2019
- Imran Tahir bowled an incredible super over, SA 1-0 up
- we are confident that today’s T20 International will take place without any light interruptions
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Final, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator 2, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Qualifier 1, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 30, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 27, Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 29, Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
FARHAAN BEHARDIEN booked TITANS ticket to the T20 Challenge final
No one was expecting match to be happened after continuous rain in East London. We also wasn’t expecting of Behardien’s blitz in a 5 over game. His innings was a decider of Final. FARHAAN BEHARDIEN scored the fastest half-century in domestic 20 over history and the second quickest ever on South African territory as Titans reserved their ticket to the T20 Challenge final with a six-run win over the Warriors.
The Titans batsman blazed 55 off 15 balls (4 fours, 5 sixes) as the defending champions posted 80/2, before restricting their hosts to 74/2 in reply. It was all we can say about his innings.
Warriors after winning the toss chose to bowl first, in only 5 over game and they kept Titans quite in first two overs when Titans were 11 for 2. Then it was all about Beharrdien’s that innings mentioned already. He was smashing every ball out of the park and also playing balls above in-field very much effectively. He stretched his teams’ score from 11 for 2 to 80 for 2 in only 5 overs. His 50 was raised in only 14 balls, smashing the previous best domestic record of 19 balls, which was held by Martin van Jaarsveld, Albie Morkel, Andre Russell and Colin Ingram. JJ Smuts and Sisanda Magala conceded 24 and 27 in their respective overs as the Titans were in complete control at the halfway stage.
Captain JJ Smuts then hit 21 and Christiaan Jonker an unbeaten 26, but the scoreboard pressure and David Wiese’s outstanding fourth over. which went for only six, proved too much as they capitulated first position to the visitors. The result meant the men from Eastern Cape dropped to second. They must now play the Lions in a Qualifier in Port Elizabeth on Tuesday for the right to meet the Titans in Centurion for the title on Friday.
Player of the match award was given to Farhaan Behardien on his brilliant innings.
Smart Score Card
Titans 80 for 2 (5 Overs)
Warriors 74 for 2 (5 Overs)
Result: Titans won by 6 runs and Qualify for Final of T20 Challenge.