- CSA launches T20 Global League
- Bangladesh not in favor of touring Pakistan in near future
- Indian government rules out cricket series with Pakistan
- Pakistan to play T20 friendly in Kabul
- Peshawar Zalmi to bat for peace between Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Kamran Akmal become most expensive player of Afghan T20 League
- IPL 2017 : Franchise Analysis and Autopsy
- Four PSL3 matches apiece in Karachi and Lahore, Najam Sethi
- Magic Mumbai do it again
- McClenaghan to miss final of IPL 10
Ireland squad for Desert T20 Cup Challenge 2017
Ireland squad for Desert T20 Cup Challenge 2017.
Andy Balbirnie is back in the Ireland squad for the Desert T20 tournament in the United Arab Emirates this month and is set to resume his middle order role after being sidelined for nearly a year after hip surgery.
The Pembroke all-rounder is recalled along with Boyd Rankin and Stuart Thompson but there is no place in the 14-man squad for veterans Niall O’Brien or Tim Murtagh as the selectors look to the future.
Balbirnie (25) delayed surgery to play in the World T20 last March but was barely able to walk by the end of a disappointing tournament for Ireland and, condemned to a lengthy spell out of action, he lost his contract with Middlesex.
Warwickshire fast bowler Rankin – re-qualified for Ireland after a spell with England – missed the end of last season with a leg injury incurred in a pre-match kick about, while Thompson took a spell out of the game to receive help for a condition related to performance anxiety.
Ireland have retained Pembroke left-arm pace-man Josh Little in the squad after the teenager’s impressive debut against Hong Kong in September along with young leg-spinner Jacob Mulder.
The Desert T20, featuring eight of the top non-Test match playing nations, Schedule of the tournament is announced.
W Porterfield (capt, ), A Balbirnie , G Dockrell , J Little , J Mulder , A McBrine , B McCarthy , K O’Brien (Railway Union), B Rankin , P Stirling , G Thompson , S Thompson , G Wilson , C Young .