- Comilla Victorians keep winning BPL 2019 games
- Dhaka Dynamites comeback with a comprehensive win
- Batting fire-power gave Sylhet a win
- Rajshahi claimed their third victory in six matches
- Comilla Victorians outclassed Sixers
- Khulna Titans register their first win of the season
- AB de Villiers confirms to play Pakistan leg PSL 2019
- Mushfiqur Rahim heroics set a record chase in BPL 2019
- Impressive bowling performance earned Rajshahi success
- Dhaka remains unbeatable in the BPL 2019
Shahid Afridi Returns To T20 Blast for Hampshire
Shahid Afridi Returns to T20 Blast
The all-rounder has signed for the full 2017 NatWest T20 Blast competition. The leg-spinner will join up with his Hampshire teammates ahead of the start of the side’s T20 Blast campaign and will be available for the entire tournament.
Afridi became a fans’ favorite in his first spell at Hampshire in 2011 and the 37-year-old returned to the club in 2016, featuring in 12 fixtures during last season’s campaign.
We’re thrilled to welcome Shahid back to the club for the coming T20 Blast campaign.
He’s been an important part of our success in the short form of the game in previous seasons and we feel his talents fit well with the current squad.
Giles White, Hampshire Director Of Cricket
His 28 wickets with the ball across both stints came at an excellent average of 18.32, whilst the right-hander has also proved to be a key contributor with the bat during that time, highlighted by his stunning 80 from just 42 balls in the 2011 semi-final against Somerset at Edgbaston.
Afridi also proved his value with the bat most recently in the 2017 Pakistan Super League, in which he struck 177 runs in just eight innings, including a destructive knock of 54 from just 28 balls against Karachi Kings.
Natwest T20 Blast is scheduled to be played between July 2nd to September 7th this season.