- Peshawar Zalmi to bat for peace between Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Kamran Akmal become most expensive player of Afghan T20 League
- IPL 2017 : Franchise Analysis and Autopsy
- Four PSL3 matches apiece in Karachi and Lahore, Najam Sethi
- Magic Mumbai do it again
- McClenaghan to miss final of IPL 10
- Mumbai head for Hyderabad Final
- Andrew Tye will not feature in this year’s T20 blast competition for Gloucestershire
- Shahid Afridi Returns To T20 Blast for Hampshire
- KKR advance in rain hit Eliminator
Lions win a close encounter
In Johannesburg another T20 Challenge encounter finished in the favor of Lions. When they beaten dolphins by 6 runs. They both are contestants of playing knock-out round because of their position on the points table.
After winning the toss Lions decided to bat first and made 175 runs at the loss of 5 wickets. Lions all 7 batsmen who came to bat scored in double figures. Every Lion player chipped in and contributed accordingly to team’s cause. Mosehle and Rassie van der Dussen remained their top scorer; they made 45 and 41 respectively. Imran Tahir took 2 wickets and both of their top scorers were his victims.
When Dolphins came to chase down this total, they were 2 for 24 in third over of their innings. Both openers were back to the pavilion. Cody Chetty made 35 off 28 at number 3rd spot and Van Jaarsveld made 23 runs. Rest is story and story belongs to Robbie Frylinck of Dolphins his quick 49 off 20 balls, wasn’t enough to chase down 176. They were required win the match in last over, when they needed 20 runs off that particular over. Dolphins fail short of only 6 runs. Bjorn Fortuin picked up 3 wickets and Hardus Viljion also took 3 wickets but gave away few runs.
Top Performers of the match
Batsman of the match – Robbie Frylinck (Dolphins)
Bowler of the match – Bjorn Fortuin (Lions)
Lions 175/5 Overs 20
Dolphins 169/9 Over 20
Lions won by 6 runs