- Global T20 Canada 2019 Schedule & Results
- Yuvraj, Afridi, Pollard, Mccullum, Gayle, Russell picked in GT20 Canada player Draft
- GT20 Canada Player Draft season 2 Live Streaming
- Trinbago Knight Riders Squad for CPL 2019
- St Lucia Stars Squad for CPL 2019
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Squad for CPL 2019
- Jamaica Tallawahs Squad for CPL 2019
- Guyana Amazon Warriors Squad for CPL 2019
- Barbados Tridents Squad for CPL 2019
- Caribbean Premier League 2019 Schedule & Results
CHAMPIONS MARKED THEIR FIRST VICTORY
Match 4 of Pakistan Super League between the former and current champions, Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi. It was also the first match of ISLU in the tournament. Skipper Misbah Ul Haq was unfit so Rumman Raees took the charge of the team.
Rumman Raees won the toss and decided to field first.
Kamran Akmal and Tamim Iqbal opened for the Zalmis and Muhammad Sami for the United.
Kamran Akmal after a scintillating knock scored half-century off just 30 balls and of course, Tamim was a good support as well and the opening pair managed to score 69 runs. Soon after Kami fell to Patel’s ball and was sent back to the dugout.
Tamim and Dwayne Smith played a sensible knock and build the momentum for the team. ISLU boys were struggling to get a wicket but then Tamim Iqbal got out by Russell in the 13th over.
Dwayne Smith looked cool and calm and played a sensible knock but he got dismissed by Fahim Ashraf, who got his first wicket of PSL.
Skipper Sammy couldn’t stay longer on the pitch and became the target of Fahim Ashraf, young promising all-rounder of Pakistan Cricket Team.
Zalmis managed to score 176 at the loss of 6 wickets in 20 overs.
Zalmis build up the pressure on ISLU boys from the beginning. Former champions lost early wickets.
Debutant Umaid Asif and 19 years old Ibtesam Shaikh took 4 and 3 wickets respectively.
ISLU seemed to finish below 100 runs but a sensible knock was played by Fahim Ashraf, who scored his maiden 54 off 30 balls. ISLU couldn’t achieve the given target and scored 142 runs at the loss of 9 wickets in their 20 overs.
The current champions Peshawar Zalmi won their first match of this season and Islamabad United lost their first match.
Much deserving Umaid Asif won the Player of the match award on his debut.
Find Complete Schedule of Pakistan Super League’s third edition: Click Here