- Zalmi goes global as Benoni Zalmi joins
- LIVE :CPL 2017 | Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs, 15th Match Live Streaming
- Peshawar Zalmi launched ground breaking #HaierZalmi100Pitches plan for the Zalmis of KPK and Fata.
- Jamaica Tallawahs Strengths and Weaknesses | #CPL17
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Strengths and Weaknesses | #CPL17
- List of CPL 2017 LIVE STREAMING & TV CHANNELS | #CPL17
- St Lucia Stars Strengths and Weaknesses | #CPL17
- Trinbago Knight Riders Strengths and Weaknesses | #CPL17
- Harmanpreet kaur ruled out of Women’s Super League 2017
- Du Preez roped in as van Niekerk’s replacement at Vipers
Final, Wellington Firebirds win Super Smash T20 2016-17
Wellington’s 170 were too much for Central Stags to chase it down. Their late order batsmen gave them a healthy total and bowlers played their part as well to defend that one. Wellington Firebirds win super smash T20 2016-17 season by 14 runs.
After winning the toss Stags put wellington in to bat, and they were initially succeeded as well. They had two quick wickets of Hamish Mashall and Tom Blundell out without shuffling the score card. When they were only in Second over Wellington were 8 for 2. It was seemed to be that plan worked for Stags captain. It was then became more reality when they managed to get 5 wickets at a modest total of 80.
However Matt Taylor and Jeetan Patel struck a 25-ball partnership of 58 runs to give their team a late heave that ultimately was too much for the chasing Central Districts outfit. But Taylor put together a quick fire 58 runs with Patel to take Wellington past 170. Jeetan Patel contributed 28 runs off 11-balls included three fours and one six. Blair Tickner’s bowling was superb as he picked up 4 wickets in his four overs spell after giving away 34 runs.
It wasn’t as easy task to stags batsmen to chase it down this huge rate at a healthy pace, and they started very poorly. Central Districts lost three quick wickets at 6 runs in first three overs of their run chase. Openers George Worker, Mahela Jayawardene and Jesse Ryder were sent back to the pavilion for 2, 0 and 0 respectively. Ben Smith (27) and the captain Will Young (27) added 40 runs for the fourth wicket, but the latter’s dismissal effected another collapse as Central Districts fell from 46 for 3 to 67 for 6. Their innings never gathered for a long period of time. They lost wickets at consistent basis and eventually failed short 14 runs. Wellington’s Brent Arnel went economically for figures of 2-16 in his four overs and Grant Elliot finished with 2-22 strangling the flow of runs.
Wellington Firebirds 172 for 7 (Taylor 48*, Tickner 4-34)
Central Districts Stags 158 for 8 (Clarkson 53*, Arnel 2-16)