- Durban Heat up for return Blitz contest
- Spartans down NMB Giants to keep playoff hopes alive
- PSL 2019 Teams Analysis: Quetta Gladiators
- De Kock smashes 93 to put Blitz into play-offs
- It’s Knockout time for AB’s Spartans
- In-form Hendricks blows Blitz away as Stars move 2nd
- Jason Roy joins NMB Giants
- Faf leads from the front as Rocks climb to 3rd place
- De Kock stuns Spartans as Blitz extend MSL T20 lead
- Jozi Stars win another MSL encounter after HENDRICKS’ TON and RABADA’S FOUR
India continued winning streak, storm into final
India sealed their spot in the final with a 17-run win and extended their unbeaten streak in the format against Bangladesh to seven games. After losing the toss and batting first India never ever need a second invite on a pitch where batsmen can play shots freely.
India posted a mammoth total of 176 for the loss of only 3 wickets. Star batsman of the innings was the Rohit Sharma who fails 11 short of his another T20 ton. Sharma’s innings was well supported two other senior pros (Dhawan and Rain 35 and 47 respectively) helped India to post a match-winning total.
Bangladesh’s run chase was jolted by Washington Sunder in the early part of the game. Only Mushfiqur could play some shots and remained unbeaten at 72. It wasn’t enough to win the game for his team. They (Bangladesh) fail 17 runs short of the run-chase. Now Bangladesh will have to beat Sri Lanka in the upcoming game, on the other hand, India qualified for the final of Nidahas Trophy 2018.
Player of the Match: Rohit Sharma (IND)
India 176/3 in 20 overs (Rohit Sharma 89, Shikhar Dhawan 35, Suresh Raina 47; Rubel Hossain 2-27)
Bangladesh 159/6 in 20 overs (Mushfiqur Rahim 72*, Sabbir Rahman 27; Washington Sundar 3-22)
Result: India won by 17 runs.