- A record number of players enter Hero CPL draft with player list announced
- All-round Nida Dar puts Pakistan 1-0 in T20 series
- Jamaica Tallawahs have signed Chris Gayle as their Marquee Player
- Hero CPL tournament moves to 4 September to 12 October 2019
- CSA T20 Challenge Knights vs Titans Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Warriors vs Lions Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Lions vs Knights Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Warriors Match Preview
ISLAMABAD BEAT THE UNBEATEN!
On a quiet rainy day, Islamabad United had to face the unbeaten newbies Multan Sultans. After winning the toss Skipper of Islamabad United, Rumman Raees decided to field first.
The match got delayed for a short period due to rain.
Srilankan Legend Kumar Sangakkara and Ahmad Shahzad opened for Sultans whereas Skipper Raees opened with the bowl for his team, Islamabad United.
ISLU boys build up the pressure for Sultans from the beginning as they lost one of their star batsman of previous games, Sangakkara, in the third over by Skipper Rumman Raees.
Multan Sultans begin to lose early wickets and were under pressure. They lost their second batsman on 15 runs by Muhammad Sami. He also dismissed Shoaib Maqsood in his second over. Maqsood couldn’t stay longer on the pitch as well.
Tortoise knock of Ahmad Shahzad also came to an end in 9th over when Sultans were struggling at 31 runs at the loss of 4 wickets.
The skipper of Sultans Shoaib Malik and Keiron Pollard tried to build up the partnership and give a decent total. But Sultans finished by scoring 119 runs in their 20 overs at the loss of 9 wickets.
Shoaib Malik was the highest run scorer for Sultans 35(36) and Keiron Pollard 28(19). Whereas Skipper Rumman was the leading wicket-taker for his side 3-13.
In a low scoring thriller, Islamabad had lost early 6 wickets at the cost of 63 runs only. Imran Tahir almost took a hat-trick as well.
But the persistent and sensible partnership between Fahim Ashraf and Hussain Talat of 54 runs led them to the victory.
Hussain Talat was the leading run-scorer of ISLU, as he smashed 48 off 34 balls.
Islamabad United beat the unbeaten Sultans of PSL 3 by five wickets.
Hussain Talat was named as Player of the match.