- Jozi Stars, Rocks ready for Bullring Rumble
- CSA appoints match officials for MSL Finals weekend; announces weather specific playing conditions
- The new, colourful logo was officially unveiled on Thursday
- Durban Heat up for return Blitz contest
- Spartans down NMB Giants to keep playoff hopes alive
- PSL 2019 Teams Analysis: Quetta Gladiators
- De Kock smashes 93 to put Blitz into play-offs
- It’s Knockout time for AB’s Spartans
- In-form Hendricks blows Blitz away as Stars move 2nd
- Jason Roy joins NMB Giants
Jamaica Tallawahs Strengths and Weaknesses | #CPL17
Jamaica Tallawahs Strengths and Weaknesses
The Tallawahs won the inaugural tournament by defeating the Guyana Amazon Warriors in the final at Queen’s Park Oval, they also won the 2016 CPL season.They are known for their formidable home record, winning 5 out of their 6 home games in CPL History since the end of the 2014 season.
Defending champions are playing their first game of the season on 5th of August against Tridents at Lauderhill, Florida. They will be their captain of last season, who is playing for Patriots in this season. Their team will come out in the field under the leadership of legendary player Kumar Sangakkara.
Bowling (Both Departments Spin-Fast)
Tallawahs are definitely a very good bowling side, as they have a pace bowler whose name is Muhammad Sami. He has recently played for Islamabad United in Pakistan Super League’s 2nd Edition, bowled with a pace and he was in wicket taking form as well. Others who can bowl some medium fast are Williams, Santokie, and Smith. They have also the luxury of two top all-rounders Imad Wasim and Shakib Al Hasan, both can turn any match into their favour. which is a plus feature for Tallawahs.
Their batting seems to be the worry for them, apart from Simmons and Sangakkara. They don’t have a much experience in the batting department. Their management can only hope that Sangakkara and Simmons both play the major part of 20 overs and post some defendable totals and stay on their strong side, which is bowling.
Warriors will be playing their first game against Patriots on 5th of August 2017.
Lendl Simmons, Kumar Sangakkara, Shakib Al Hasan, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Sami, Rovman Powell, Gidron Pope, Kesrick Williams, Garey Mathurin, Jon-Russ Jaggesar, Krishmar Santokie. Jonathan Foo, Kennar Lewis, Andre McCarthy, Odean Smith