- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Final, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator 2, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Qualifier 1, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 30, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 27, Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 29, Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 28, Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 26, Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 25, Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi
CSA appoints match officials for MSL Finals weekend; announces weather specific playing conditions
CRICKET SOUTH AFRICA (CSA) today announced the match officials for the Mzansi Super League Finals weekend and also highlighted certain playing conditions that are specific to this phase of the tournament.
The four umpires, who will handle the qualifier between the Jozi Stars and the Paarl Rocks at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on Friday evening and the final between the winners of this match and the Cape Town Blitz at PPC Newlands on Sunday afternoon, are all experienced international officials.
Shaun George serves on the ICC Reserve Test/ODI Panel while Adrian Holdstock, Bongani Jele and Allahudien Paleker are all members of the ICC International Panel.
14 December 2018 @ 19h00
Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks
Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Match Referee : Gerrie Pienaar
On-Field Umpires : Bongani Jele and Allahudien Paleker
TV Umpire : Shaun George
Res. Umpire : Adrian Holdstock
16 December 2018 @ 15h30
(17 December 2018 @ 11h00 Reserve Day if required)
Cape Town Blitz vs Stars/Rocks
PPC Newlands, Cape Town
Match Referee : Shaid Wadvalla
On-Field Umpires : Shaun George and Adrian Holdstock
TV Umpire : Bongani Jele
Res. Umpire : Allahudien Paleker
There is no reserve day for Friday’s match and in the event of insufficient playing time being available to reach a result then the Stars will go through to the final on the basis of their superior position on the final log.
As far as the final is concerned which does have a reserve day, two hours of additional playing time will be allocated on both the match day and the reserve day in the event of inclement weather conditions.
The respective regulations are as follows:
QUALIFIER FOR THE FINAL
The qualifier will consist of one leg only at the venue of the team finishing 2nd who will host the qualifier for the final.
In the event of a “No Result” match, the team with the highest number of points at the conclusion of the Preliminary Round shall proceed to the Final as prescribed in Clause 16.10 Points. (There is no provision of a reserve day). Furthermore, in the event of the host venue presenting a sub-standard pitch and/or outfield preventing a result to be achieved on the day,the visiting team shall be declared the winner and progress through to the final.
There is no provision for extra time during the rounds of matches where the start of play is delayed, or play is suspended
Final and Final Reserve Day
120 minutes extra time is permissible where the start of play is delayed, or play is suspended including the Reserve Day.
An additional 20 minutes is permissible for a Super Over to take place which is inclusive of the 10 minutes changeover period after the match.