- Trinbago Knight Riders Squad for CPL 2019
- St Lucia Stars Squad for CPL 2019
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Squad for CPL 2019
- Jamaica Tallawahs Squad for CPL 2019
- Guyana Amazon Warriors Squad for CPL 2019
- Barbados Tridents Squad for CPL 2019
- Caribbean Premier League 2019 Schedule & Results
- A record number of players enter Hero CPL draft with player list announced
- All-round Nida Dar puts Pakistan 1-0 in T20 series
- Jamaica Tallawahs have signed Chris Gayle as their Marquee Player
Imad Wasim shines with the ball as Pakistan clinch T20 series against Australia
Pakistan produced a clinical performance with bat and ball to clinch T20I series against Australia. The second game of the series played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium proved to be a much closer contest.
Babar Azam and Mohammad Hafeez chipped with crucial scores for Pakistan to see them post 147 runs from their 20 overs. Australia once again got off to poor and fell 11 runs short of victory.
In pursuit of 148, Openers Aaron Finch and D’Arcy Short departed early in the innings. Imad Wasim produced a miser spell with the new ball and dismissed Chris Lynn to see Australia in all sort of trouble. Mitchell Marsh tried his best to grind out runs but was dismissed for 21 to see Australia lose their fourth wicket.
Glenn Maxwell produced a valiant effort with the bat and fought hard till the end. He scored 52 runs off 37 balls with the help of four fours and two sixes. He added 59 runs with Nathan Coulter-Nile to see Australia get back in the hunt to win the game. Coulter-Nile played well for his 17-ball 27 runs to see the game go till the over final.
For Pakistan, Imad Wasim produced an exceptional four-over spell. Shadab Khan and Shaheen Afridi picked up two wickets apiece.
Earlier in the day, Pakistan won the toss and opted to bat first. Babar Azam and Mohammad Hafeez once again played leading roles with the bat. The duo added 70 runs to see Pakistan in a good position to post a good score. Azam scored 45 runs off 44 balls with the help of three fours. Hafeez also played well and scored 40 off 34 balls with the help of three fours and two sixes.
For Australia, Nathan Coulter-Nile was the pick of the bowlers with three wickets.
Left-arm spinner Imad Wasim was named the man of the match for his splendid bowling performance for Pakistan.
Get the latest updates and News follow us on our social media channels