- Comilla Victorians keep winning BPL 2019 games
- Dhaka Dynamites comeback with a comprehensive win
- Batting fire-power gave Sylhet a win
- Rajshahi claimed their third victory in six matches
- Comilla Victorians outclassed Sixers
- Khulna Titans register their first win of the season
- AB de Villiers confirms to play Pakistan leg PSL 2019
- Mushfiqur Rahim heroics set a record chase in BPL 2019
- Impressive bowling performance earned Rajshahi success
- Dhaka remains unbeatable in the BPL 2019
Azam, Shadab star as Pakistan complete T20 whitewash against Australia
Pakistan comfortably brushed aside Australia in the final game of T20I series played at Dubai. Sarfaraz and co. completed a 3-0 whitewash over Australia in the T20 series. Babar Azam and Sahibzada Farhan produced crucial knocks to see Pakistan post 150 runs from their 20 overs. In reply, Australia failed to get going and lost wickets at regular intervals to lose the game by 33 runs.
Chasing a target of 151, Australia lost Aaron Finch early in the innings. Alex Carey produced brisk innings of 20 off just 9 balls. The wicket-keeper batsman was dismissed by off-spinner Mohammad Hafeez to see Australia lose their second wicket inside three overs. Chris Lynn and Ben McDermott led a fight of sorts and added 36 runs to see Australia get back into the contest.
Leg-spinner Shadab Khan produced a superb performance with the ball. He dismissed Chris Lynn, Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Marsh to see Australia reeling at 94 for 6 after 14.3 overs. The tail-order did not offer much of a fight as Hasan Ali picked two wickets at the end to see Australia get bundled out for 117 runs in 19.1 overs.
Earlier in the day, Pakistan won the toss and opted to bat. Openers Sahibzada Farhan and Babar Azam got the side off to a perfect in the innings. The duo added 93 runs in space of 12 overs to lay down an ideal platform for others in the batting lineup. Azam notched up yet another half-century while Sahibzada Farhan and Mohammad Hafeez played supporting roles to help Pakistan reach 150 run mark in their innings.
For Australia, Mitchell Marsh was the most successful bowler on the night with two wickets. Leg-spinner Shadab Khan was named the man of the match for his 3 for 19 from four overs. Babar Azam was named the man of the series for his fabulous batting performances in the three-match T20 series against Australia.