- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 8, Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
- PCB appoints new live production partner for HBL PSL 2019
- Salman Butt to replace Mohammad hafeez in Lahore Qalandars
- Hafeez Bids Farewell to PSL 4
- Peshawar Zalmi thrashed Lahore Qalandars
- Twitter reacts on Zalmi claimed their first win in an emphatic manner
- Twitter reacts after Quetta’s win over Islamabad United
- Quetta win another game, courtesy Watson and Tanveer
- AB de Villiers to lead Lahore due to Hafeez’s injury
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 7, Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars
Proteas edge Pakistan in T20 thriller
Reeza Hendricks and Faf du Plessis set the Standard Bank Proteas on their way to a thrilling six-run win over Pakistan in the opening KFC T20 International before a packed crowd at PPC Newlands on Friday evening.
Hendricks struck 74 off 41 balls with fours and 2 sixes for a strike rate of 180 while Du Plessis scored almost as quickly with his innings of 78 off 45 balls with 6 fours and 4 sixes.
This created the ideal platform for the Proteas to score 35 runs in the remaining four overs to finish with a competitive total of 192 after they had lost the toss and been required to bat first.
Pakistan were always in the chase with Babar Azam (38 off 27 balls, 3 fours and a six), Hussain Talat (40 off 32 balls, 5 fours) and Shoaib Malik (49 off 31 balls, 5 fours and a six) setting the platform for the final launch.
But the Proteas had the answers as they claimed 4 wickets for 35 runs at the back end of the innings as Pakistan needed 29 off the last two overs and 16 off the final one in which Chris Morris held his nerve to shut the game down.
But the real hero for the Proteas in the field was KFC Man of the Match David Miller who had a direct hand in six of the nine wickets to fall with four catches and two direct hit run outs.
The second match takes place at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on Sunday (14h30).