- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 8, Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
- PCB appoints new live production partner for HBL PSL 2019
- Salman Butt to replace Mohammad hafeez in Lahore Qalandars
- Hafeez Bids Farewell to PSL 4
- Peshawar Zalmi thrashed Lahore Qalandars
- Twitter reacts on Zalmi claimed their first win in an emphatic manner
- Twitter reacts after Quetta’s win over Islamabad United
- Quetta win another game, courtesy Watson and Tanveer
- AB de Villiers to lead Lahore due to Hafeez’s injury
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 7, Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars
Samit Patel’s all-round ability gave Rajshahi first win
Samit Patel delivers for his team, when it required. With his all-round capabilities he gave team first win of this year’s BPL T20 2016. First bowling for his team he got 2 important wickets of Mehedi Maruf and Mahela Jayawardene, and then came to bat when his team was 3 for 65. He joined Sabbir Rehman at the crease and them both added 73 runs at 4th wicket. Sabbir Rehman got out when team was required only 1 run. Later Sammy joined Patel at the crease. Team was needed only 1 run, and bowler gave that run through extra as Wide Ball. This was an emphatic win by Rajshahi Kings. Definitely this win will help them and think positive about upcoming fixtures in the tournament.
After winning the toss Rajshahi Kings captain decided to bowl first and gave batting to Dhaka Dynamites, who were very much confident after their 1st win in the BPL 2016. But it wasn’t their day, when they started their innings. They lost their most experience batsman Kumar Sangakkara inside 2nd over, when he was bowled out on the bowl of Mehedi Hassan Miraz. Mehedi Maruf was later joined by Mahela Jayawardene, they both added 30 more runs to the score but soon after that Mahela departs and followed by Mehedi Maruf and Shakib Ul Hassan on the same Score of 43. They were suddenly from 43/1 to 43/4. From this position Ravi Bopara and Mosaddek Hossain had shown some maturity at the crease, they both played some sensible cricket and added 54 runs to the total. Bopara got out softly when he faced change of pace bowl of Abul Hassan; it went straight to Samit Patel. Dynamites could only manage 138 runs, with the help of some sensible batting of Mosaddek Hossain. Mosaddek made 59 runs. While Samit Patel & Miraz both finished with 2/22.
It was all easy to decide player of the match. After doing all well in all three departments, batting, bowling and fielding Samit Patel was decided as player of the match award.
Dhaka Dynamites 138/5, 20 overs (Mosaddek 59*, Mehedi 25; Patel 2/22, Miraz 2/22)
Rajshahi Kings 139/4, 18.1 overs (Samit 44*, Sabbir 31; Abu jayed 1/14)