- Imran Tahir bowled an incredible super over, SA 1-0 up
- we are confident that today’s T20 International will take place without any light interruptions
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Final, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator 2, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Qualifier 1, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 30, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 27, Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 29, Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 28, Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United
Shaheen Afridi shines as Pakistan clinch T20I series against New Zealand
The second game of T20I series saw Pakistan produce a clinical performance with bat and ball to beat New Zealand by six wickets. Shaheen Afridi and spinners put in an excellent performance for Pakistan to restrict New Zealand to 153 from 20 overs.
In pursuit of 154, Pakistan got off to an excellent start as Fakhar Zaman and Babar Azam added 40 runs inside five overs. Zaman once again perished after scoring a quick-fire 24 runs as he was dismissed by pacer Adam Milne to see Pakistan lose their second wicket. Babar Azam was joined by Asif Ali at the crease as they added 56 runs to see Pakistan edge closer towards the target.
Azam played well and scored 40 off 41 balls with the help of four boundaries He was dismissed by pacer Tim Southee to see Pakistan placed at 96 for 2 after 12.6 overs.
Asif Ali played well and scored 38 runs off 34 balls with the help of one four and two sixes. He produced a nice innings and made sure Pakistan scored at a brisk rate in the chase. Mohammad Hafeez seems to be in good form and produced an unbeaten 34 runs off 21 balls with the help of two sixes. Pakistan completed the chase in the final over of the innings to clinch T20I series in Dubai.
Earlier, New Zealand won the toss and opted to bowl first.
Colin Munro got the side to a decent start as he scored 44 off 28 balls with the help of four fours and two sixes. He added 50 runs with Glenn Phillips in space of six overs.
New Zealand Captain Kane Williamson put in splendid performance with the bat to see the side on course to post a decent total on the board. Ross Taylor and Colin de Grandhomme perished in quick succession to see Pakistan stage a comeback in the middle phase of the innings.
Williamson scored 37 runs off 34 with the help of two fours. All-rounder Corey Anderson’s late blitz helped New Zealand post 153 for 7 from 20 overs. Anderson smashed 25-ball 44 runs with the help of four fours and two sixes.
For Pakistan, Shaheen Shah Afridi was the standout bowler with three wickets. The rookie pacer was named man of the match for his splendid bowling performance.
Get the latest updates and News follow us on our social media channels