- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 8, Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
- PCB appoints new live production partner for HBL PSL 2019
- Salman Butt to replace Mohammad hafeez in Lahore Qalandars
- Hafeez Bids Farewell to PSL 4
- Peshawar Zalmi thrashed Lahore Qalandars
- Twitter reacts on Zalmi claimed their first win in an emphatic manner
- Twitter reacts after Quetta’s win over Islamabad United
- Quetta win another game, courtesy Watson and Tanveer
- AB de Villiers to lead Lahore due to Hafeez’s injury
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 7, Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars
Smith steps down as RR captain, Rahane to lead
Zubin Bharucha, Royals’ head of cricket, confirmed the news via a media release on Monday (March 26). Steven Smith, the Australian skipper, has stepped down as captain of Rajasthan Royals for the upcoming 2018 IPL season, in the wake of his statement to deliberate ball-tampering in the third Test played between Australia and South Africa in Newlands.
Ajinkya Rahane, the India batsman, will now take over the mantle of leading the side.
“Ajinkya Rahane has been an integral part of the Royals family for a long time now and he understands the culture and values of our team. We have absolutely no doubt that he will be a great leader of the Rajasthan Royals,” Bharucha noted.
Find Complete Schedule of Indian Premier League: Click Here