- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
- Paarl Rocks’ Kyle Verreynne aiming for the top prize
- Ferguson, Munro and Seifert to face England in T20 warm-ups
- Jozi Stars sign Shoaib Malik for MSL
- Tridents beat the unbeatable Warriors to take the Hero CPL 2019 title
Smith steps down as RR captain, Rahane to lead
Zubin Bharucha, Royals’ head of cricket, confirmed the news via a media release on Monday (March 26). Steven Smith, the Australian skipper, has stepped down as captain of Rajasthan Royals for the upcoming 2018 IPL season, in the wake of his statement to deliberate ball-tampering in the third Test played between Australia and South Africa in Newlands.
Ajinkya Rahane, the India batsman, will now take over the mantle of leading the side.
“Ajinkya Rahane has been an integral part of the Royals family for a long time now and he understands the culture and values of our team. We have absolutely no doubt that he will be a great leader of the Rajasthan Royals,” Bharucha noted.
Find Complete Schedule of Indian Premier League: Click Here