- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Final, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator 2, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Qualifier 1, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 30, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 27, Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 29, Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 28, Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 26, Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 25, Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi
T20 Cricket is the WAY TO GO for Broadcasters
Many people say T20 is just entertainment and it will not make an impact on Test Cricket but this myth is getting suppressed day by day.
T20 cricket is the WAY TO GO for the business of broadcasters and Viewership ratings around the world. Gone are the days when there used to be nearly full houses in Test cricket. Hardly this happens to be but harsh I would say it can never happen now without any INDIA-PAKISTAN test matches but that Indo-Pak test matches will have a charm up till few games.
T20 cricket has almost overcome Test cricket but ODI cricket still has its identity due to its unique charm and major events like Champions Trophy, Asia Cup & World Cup every 4 years.
Nowadays even the broadcasters have started requesting the Cricket boards to increase the Number of T20 matches in a tour and reduce test/ODI matches up to minimum numbers as they can. This happened when last time West Indies played Pakistan in UAE and ODI matches were reduced to 3 and T20ls were increased from 1 to 3 matches.
Recently held Australia vs South Africa series is an example of this dark future of test cricket when nobody comes to watch First 2 test matches between Australia and South Africa and the empty stands were describing the less interest of fans in Test matches.
Zimbabwe Cricket, Which was already in many crises, couldn’t qualify for world cup 2019 and this major blow has hit ZC very hard as they refused Cricket Australia and Pakistan Cricket Board that they can’t host them for TEST matches while they decided to arrange a TRI-Series with Australia, Pakistan & Zimbabwe team. Obvious reasons that were the major cause of excuse to host Test matches was the less interest of broadcasters. ZC made a useful decision for themselves to overcome financial crises with tri-series that would give more gate money along with better broadcasting deals.
T20 cricket not only gives money but it also keeps the interest of fans alive. The only way for ICC to save test cricket is to make some decisions regarding the competition level and matches the distribution of tests.
T20 Cricket gives you following major benefits and Charms which are GO TO for broadcasters.
short time duration
Today’s fast-paced world, most people are starved of time and don’t have the luxury of spending an entire day watching a sports match.
the fast pace of the game
Nature of the T20 game is such that it constantly moves in different directions, and that too at a rapid, almost breathtaking pace.
fours and the sixes
Cricket is a batsman’s game and most cricket followers love to see plenty of explosive hitting and a bunch of 4s and 6s. T20 cricket provides all of that
There are very few teams who can compete in test matches and make test cricket a must watch play. Other than that dead rubbers with empty stadiums and low interest of broadcasters is indicating serious worries for ICC.