- Preview: MSLT20, Match 13, Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 12, Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat
- MSL ‘Dream Team’
- Dynamite Comes in Small Packages!
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
The rain-affected game ended on a Tie in KPL on Sunday
Much to Bengaluru Blasters’ ire, their second game in the KPL too was rained affected, and they shared points with Bijapur Bulls after their match has adjudged a tie.
Unlike in their season opener against Mysuru Warriors where 13 overs of Warriors’ innings was completed before the game was abandoned, this contest saw the Bulls score 133 for 6 in 20 overs.
Blasters’ response stuttered to 29 for 1 in exactly 5 overs when it began (9:32 pm) to rain and ensued until the umpires decided, at 10:44 pm, to call it off. As it turned out, the V Jayadevan (VJD) par score was 29 for 1.
Suneel Raju, who put down Sharath BR (22 not out) off SL Akshay in the third over, will now realise the gravity of a dropped catch.
Earlier, Jonathan Rongsen relied on his spinners to keep the Bulls down to a small total. Though the pitch was sticky, Bharath Chipli, the Bulls skipper, paved the way for a big score with a flashy 39, but Rohan Raju and Bharath Devaraj broke Bulls’ back.
Rohan finished with 2 for 26 and Devaraj – with a unique action which the crowd rallied behind – picked up only one wicket but conceded a mere 22 runs in four overs of leg-spin. Anand Doddamni, the left-arm spinner, was also brilliant, conceding just 15 runs for a wicket in his quota.
If it wasn’t for Swapnil Yelave’s unbeaten 31 and Suneel Raju’s 15, the Bulls would have fared worse.
Bijapur Bulls 133 for 6 in 20 overs (Bharath Chipli 39, Raju Bhatkal 20, Swapnil Yelave 31 not out; Rohan Raju 2-26) tied (via VJD Method) Bengaluru Blasters 29/1 in 5 overs (Sharath BR 22 not out).