- Preview: MSLT20, Match 13, Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 12, Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat
- MSL ‘Dream Team’
- Dynamite Comes in Small Packages!
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
Time To Host Champions Trophy 2021 For Pakistan
In 2008, Pakistan was the hosting nation of champions trophy. The tournament venue was later moved to South Africa due to some security concerns showed by participating Countries. Till then Pakistan was facing the deficiency of international cricket on home grounds. Later the effect of this went on the hosting of the world cup and the WC secretariat moved to Mumbai from Lahore.
Revival of International Cricket in Pakistan
But after Pakistan Super League Pakistan starts getting the confidence of international teams ones again. The confidence becomes stronger when the final of The PSL 2 was organized in Lahore and many International players showed their satisfaction over security.
Later Pakistan Army hosted a T20 match between Pakistan and UK Media XI in North Waziristan. The event was named Miranshah Peace Cup T20 match. Which helped to boost the confidence of ICC in Pakistan.
Pakistan offers to Host Champions Trophy
India was supposed to host Champions Trophy 2021. But BCCI & Indian government have some unsorted issues over tax exemptions for the event. So, ICC has decided to move the event to the same time zone country.
For this Pakistan cricket board has decided to bid for the event hosting. Sources reveal that Pakistan will host the event in the United Arab Emirates but will also host few matches in Lahore. A well-placed source has also confirmed that Chairman PCB Najam Sethi has also shown an affirmative response to ICC for getting tax exemptions for the event.
Pakistan cricket board hopes to win the confidence of ICC to host the event. As ICC security consultant Reg Dickason has recently visited Pakistan to check the security preparation for PSL 3 finals. he seemed very satisfied with his visit. The event is three years away but we are hoping that restoration of international cricket in Pakistan is few inches away. With the increasing faith of foreign players and security consultants.