- CSA T20 Challenge Knights vs Titans Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Warriors vs Lions Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Lions vs Knights Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Warriors Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Cape Cobras Preview
- Titans aim to bounce back in Benoni
- CSA T20 Challenge Dolphins vs Lions Preview
- Dolphins out to continue the good start
we are confident that today’s T20 International will take place without any light interruptions
WPCA Statement on ODI Light Failure
After Saturday’s 5th Momentum One Day International between the Standard Bank Proteas and Sri Lanka was curtailed by one of the light pylon’s failing, the Western Province Cricket Association has assured Cricket South Africa and the public that the upcoming KFC T20 International on Tuesday will take place without any issues with the lights.
WPCA CEO Nabeal Dien expressed regret at what occurred but “unfortunately could not have been detected early in any pre-match testing which takes place before any domestic or international match.”
“According to our electrical engineers, there was an underground cable that short-circuited due to rodents or age. This also caused the switches and circuit breaker to trip continuously in the pylon.
The problem has been resolved and we are confident that tomorrow’s T20 International will take place without any light interruptions,” he added.
“We apologise to both the Proteas and Sri Lankan teams as well as to the general public who attended the match and who were viewing on television,” he concluded.
The 1st KFC T20 International between South Africa and Sri Lanka takes place at PPC Newlands on Tuesday. The game starts at 18h00.