- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
- Paarl Rocks’ Kyle Verreynne aiming for the top prize
- Ferguson, Munro and Seifert to face England in T20 warm-ups
- Jozi Stars sign Shoaib Malik for MSL
- Tridents beat the unbeatable Warriors to take the Hero CPL 2019 title
Zalmi Foundation and the United Nations Information Centre Pakistan signed a MOU
Zalmi Foundation and the United Nations Information Centre Pakistan signed a ‘Partnership Agreement’ to promote the Sustainable Development Goals
Islamabad, 16 August 2018: The Zalmi Foundation and the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan signed a ‘Partnership Agreement’ to work together towards the promotion of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The ceremony was held at the United Nations Information Centre in Islamabad. The agreement was signed by the Chairman, Peshawar Zalmi & Zalmi Foundation, Javed Afridi and Director, a.i UNIC, Vlastimil Samek.
Mr Afridi said that the foundation has been working relentlessly for the past 3 years to promote sports and empowering the youth in Pakistan, especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. They have also been working towards promoting gender equality and women empowerment. After the partnership with UNIC, we hope to work even with more passion and dedication towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in Pakistan, he added.
Mr Samek shared that cricket programmes provide unique opportunities for the Youth to be leaders being team captains, team managers, coaches as well as cricket officials. In these roles, they all become representatives of their communities and are thus required to show a much greater level of responsibility. “I hope that this Partnership will help to further deepen the understanding about the SDGs among the all strata of people, particularly the Youth of Pakistan,” he said.
About Zalmi Foundation:
Zalmi Foundation has been working for the promotion of sports and education in Pakistan along with empowering women and fighting for gender equality. Till now, the foundation has initiated the Zalmi Talent Hunt, Zalmi School League, Zalmi Azadi Cup, Women cricket coaching clinic and much more. In KP, the Haier Zalmi 100 pitches project was launched to enable the players to have a proper platform at the grass root level.