- Global Zalmi League 2018 Fixture announced
- Nasir Jamshed banned for One year
- PSL Champions Peshawar Zalmi announce to host Global Zalmi League next year
- CSA T20 Challenge 2017 Schedule & Results
- Live Streaming of HBL Pakistan Super League Player Draft 2017
- Rangpur Riders Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Sylhet Sixers Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Rajshahi Kings Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Khulna Titans Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Chittagong Vikings Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
11th Match Report: McDonald’s Super Smash 2016-17
A high scoring thriller happened at Nelson between Central Districts and Wellington firebirds. Super Sunday at Super Smash T20 became super-hot when they both meet in Nelson. Central Districts’ hold their nerves to win a match by 9 runs.
After winning the toss Wellington put their opposition to bat. Tom Bruce’s an aggressive 74 off 41 became a catalyst to a win for Central Districts. Central Districts scored a competitive 181 for 5. Central Districts lost Mahela Jayawardene for 5 in the second over before Worker, the other opener, and Captain Will Young fell within the space of four balls at the score of 46. However, Tom Bruce and Dane Cleaver put a solid partnership of 61. They Tom Bruce and Cleaver scored 75 and 15 respectively. Grant Elliott took two wickets; bowlers of Wellington remained costly as they leaked too many runs.
At the half-way stage it was understandable that chase is very tough due to a high score being already posted by Central Districts. However Wellington started chase with fiery pace of 55 in first SIX overs inside Power play. Michael papps and Captain Hamish Marshal put a good show. But Papps fell on first ball after Power play in 7th over at same score. They also lost three more wickets in next four overs. But their captain Marshall completed his 15th Twenty20 Fifty. Marshall left the crew when he gifted his wicket to Worker on first ball of 15th over; worker took his catch at his own follow-through. At that particular time team was needed something extra-ordinary by Luke Ronchi and Grant Elliott, but both fell for low scores. Wellington needed 69 in the last six overs and brought it down to 29 off 12 but Michael Pollard was bowled for 22 and they fell short despite an unbeaten 26 off 17 from Luke Woodcock. George Worker and Blair Tickner finished with two wickets each.
Smart Score Card
Central Districts 181/5 (Overs 20)
Wellington Firebirds 172/6 (Overs 20)
Result: Central Districts won by 9 runs