- Peshawar Zalmi to bat for peace between Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Kamran Akmal become most expensive player of Afghan T20 League
- IPL 2017 : Franchise Analysis and Autopsy
- Four PSL3 matches apiece in Karachi and Lahore, Najam Sethi
- Magic Mumbai do it again
- McClenaghan to miss final of IPL 10
- Mumbai head for Hyderabad Final
- Andrew Tye will not feature in this year’s T20 blast competition for Gloucestershire
- Shahid Afridi Returns To T20 Blast for Hampshire
- KKR advance in rain hit Eliminator
Andre Russell banned by WADA
Andre Russell banned
World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) bans West Indies all-rounder. Andre Russell has been handed a one-year ban from cricket for failing to file his whereabouts three times in 2015. An independent anti-doping tribunal delivered the verdict in Kingston on Tuesday (January 31). The ban will be effective from January 31, 2017 and will end on January 30, 2018.
He will not take part anymore in upcoming Leagues and all International games for West Indies. Which is a huge below to Twenty20 Cricket especially. He was playing in Twenty20 leagues all over the world. Andre Russell may come with few answers very soon.
The charge was pressed by the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) in March 2016 after Russell was named in the West Indies squad for the World T20 in India, a tournament that he went on to win a month later. Later, Russell pleaded innocence by stating that he couldn’t file his whereabouts due to his busy cricketing commitments and hence had asked his agent Will Quinn to handle proceedings. He went on to mention that he hadn’t been properly trained to file whereabouts.
Apart from representing West Indies on the international stage, Russell also plays for various clubs around the world including Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League, Islamabad United in Pakistan Super League and the ban will now force the teams to bring in a temporary reinforcement.
His major teams in past year are Islamabad United (PSL), Kolkata Knight Riders (IPL) , Jamaica Tallawahs (CPL) ,Sydney Thunder (BBL06) , and Dhaka Dynamites (BPL). They all will miss him but we want to mention Islamabad United who was very keen to intact him for upcoming edition of Pakistan Super League, but now they will miss him and have to pick his replacement before PSL (Starting on 9th Feb)