2021 is just around the corner and we can’t deny the fact that it has been an unforgettable journey for Pakistan cricket fans. We all can agree that it has been an emotional rollercoaster for the Pakistan cricket fans, wasn’t it? Not only did Pakistan shone under the captaincy of Babar Azam but also became the fourth-most successful team in Test cricket.
Mohammad Rizwan’s and Babar Azam’s dynamic duo and Pakistan’s first-class performances withinside the T20 World Cup, there has been plenty to cheer for in 2021. Here is the recap for the Pakistan cricket fans as we bid 2021 a farewell:
Team’s Performance Flashback:
- Pakistan has the World record for the Most T20I wins in a calendar year.
- Shaheens remains to be the only unbeaten team during the group stages of T20 WorldCup2021.
- Pakistan has the highest win percentage in the calendar year with 87.5 percent.
- The Men in Green won 20 out of 29 matches – the most by any team.
- Pakistan bagged the biggest victory in terms of wickets by thrashing India by 10 wickets.
- Shaheens played seven bilateral T20 series and won six of them. They only lost to England.
- Pakistan team scored 4020 runs in the T20 format which is the most number of runs by any team.
- Shaheens played nine matches in five series, won seven, and lost 2 of the matches.
- Shaheens played only six ODIs this year. Pakistan won the ODI series in South Africa 2-1 but was whitewashed 0-3 in England.
- In the last series of the year, Pakistan whitewashed West Indies in the T20 series. but the ODI series was postponed after several of the players were tested positive for Covid-19.
- Pakistan’s captain Babar Azam has a record of Most runs scored in T20I as a captain.
- Azam managed to secure the top spot by year-end not only in T20Is but also in ODI format as well.
- Babar scored nine half-centuries. It is the second-most number of the fifties in 2021 by any player.
- Babar Azam holds the best winning percentage as a Pakistan captain in Test cricket history.
- Mohammad Rizwan ended as the third-best batter in the shortest format of cricket.
- Rizwan crossed the 1,000-run mark in T20 International cricket the most by a cricketer in a calendar year.
- Rizwan became the first-ever player to pass the 2,000-run mark in the T20s. It includes 18 fifties and a hundred.
- Mohammad Rizwan has a record of the most catches as a wicketkeeper (22) in 2021.
- Babar and Rizwan six century’s partnerships broke the record of India’s Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul.
- Rizwan’s run tally includes 12 fifties, most by a player this year.
- Opener Abid Ali scored 695 runs for Pakistan with an average of 49.64 with two centuries and two fifties. Ali’s highest score was 215 not out, which was against Zimbabwe.
- Fawad Alam scored three centuries and two half-centuries while Azhar Ali managed one century and three fifties.
- Earlier this year, Shaheen Afridi picked up 47 wickets with an average of 17.06.
- Afridi became the highest wicket-taker for Pakistan and second overall.
- Shaheen is the second-ever Pakistani left-arm pacer to pick a 10-wicket haul in Test cricket history.
- Hasan Ali and Haris Rauf took 25 wickets each, having an average of 19.28 and 25.48, respectively.
- Fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi took 47 wickets in 9 Tests, averaging 17.06.
- Hasan Ali was behind Shaheen with 41 wickets, having an average of 16.07.
- While, Haris took 13 wickets, with an average of 24.46.
Get the latest updates and News follow us on our social media channels