- Afghanistan to host Bangladesh in Dehradun
- Bravo signs for Middlesex T20 stint
- PCB limits contracted players to two T20 leagues in one season
- I want to play in the World T20 in 2020, Shoaib Malik
- Time to Cash Money from Pakistan Super League
- T20 Cricket is the WAY TO GO for Broadcasters
- Why Brendon McCullum’s 9000 T20 runs ought to be celebrated?
- Bravo is a champion as CSK won thriller
- List of IPL 2018 Broadcasters
- Jason Mohammed to lead West Indies on Pakistan Tour
Shahid Afridi Returns To T20 Blast for Hampshire
Shahid Afridi Returns to T20 Blast
The all-rounder has signed for the full 2017 NatWest T20 Blast competition. The leg-spinner will join up with his Hampshire teammates ahead of the start of the side’s T20 Blast campaign and will be available for the entire tournament.
Afridi became a fans’ favorite in his first spell at Hampshire in 2011 and the 37-year-old returned to the club in 2016, featuring in 12 fixtures during last season’s campaign.
We’re thrilled to welcome Shahid back to the club for the coming T20 Blast campaign.
He’s been an important part of our success in the short form of the game in previous seasons and we feel his talents fit well with the current squad.
Giles White, Hampshire Director Of Cricket
His 28 wickets with the ball across both stints came at an excellent average of 18.32, whilst the right-hander has also proved to be a key contributor with the bat during that time, highlighted by his stunning 80 from just 42 balls in the 2011 semi-final against Somerset at Edgbaston.
Afridi also proved his value with the bat most recently in the 2017 Pakistan Super League, in which he struck 177 runs in just eight innings, including a destructive knock of 54 from just 28 balls against Karachi Kings.
Natwest T20 Blast is scheduled to be played between July 2nd to September 7th this season.