- Peshawar Zalmi to bat for peace between Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Kamran Akmal become most expensive player of Afghan T20 League
- IPL 2017 : Franchise Analysis and Autopsy
- Four PSL3 matches apiece in Karachi and Lahore, Najam Sethi
- Magic Mumbai do it again
- McClenaghan to miss final of IPL 10
- Mumbai head for Hyderabad Final
- Andrew Tye will not feature in this year’s T20 blast competition for Gloucestershire
- Shahid Afridi Returns To T20 Blast for Hampshire
- KKR advance in rain hit Eliminator
West Indies women win 1st T20 International against India
After losing all One Day Internationals, West Indies women fight back in shortest format in Cricket. They were seemingly impressive in Twenty20 International match. Stefanie Taylor presented a top class knock gave them a comprehensive win over mighty India women’s team at their home soil.
After winning the toss India women decided to bat first on a very good pitch. Their start wasn’t good as per expectations but some wonderful batting by Veda Krishnamurthy and Harmanpreet Kaur put India Women in a strong position. They scored 153 runs in their all 20 overs. Harmanpreet and Veda made 68 and 50 respectively. Harmanpreet remained unbeaten, this innings was a mixture of sensible batting and strong hitting she hit 3 Six and 6 fours in 50 balls innings. Shakera Salman from West Indies took 2 wickets in her 4 overs.
West Indies both openers started second innings with some hard hitting and quick runs, but they both remained together at the crease for a brief period in which they both scored 31 runs in only 4 overs. When Mathews got out, Stefanie didn’t think about loss of a wicket, she continues her domination over bowlers. Other batters also contributed with her at somewhat, but she was the only one who outclassed Indian bowling attack. She made 90 runs in 51 balls with 3 huge Sixes and 12 classical fours. West Indies women achieved the target on first ball of 20th over. Shikha Pandey from India could take three wickets and rest of Indian bowlers was unable to bowl well against Stefanie and other West Indies batters.
Stefanie Taylor was decided as player of the match on her brilliant knock and in fact a match wining one.
India Women 150/4 (20 overs)
West Indies Women 154/4 (19.1 Overs)
Result: West Indies Women won by 6 wickets