- Four PSL3 matches apiece in Karachi and Lahore, Najam Sethi
- Magic Mumbai do it again
- McClenaghan to miss final of IPL 10
- Mumbai head for Hyderabad Final
- Andrew Tye will not feature in this year’s T20 blast competition for Gloucestershire
- Shahid Afridi Returns To T20 Blast for Hampshire
- KKR advance in rain hit Eliminator
- Pune march on to final
- Tymal Mills extends Sussex contract until 2019
- India to play five ODIs, one T20I in West Indies in June-July
Dhaka Dynamites beat struggling Rangpur Riders
It wasn’t a day for Rangpur bowlers, when Caribbean man Evin Lewis started to party. He was unstoppable in his 34 ball innings in which he made 75 with eight long sixes. It wasn’t only good batting by Lewis but Mehedi Maruf also did his part by making some quick runs, they both put 103 runs partnership. Mehedi Maruf trapped in front of stumps on the bowling of Soumya Sarkar after making 40 off 31 balls. Soon after him Prasanna, Lewis, Andre Russell joined him in dug-out. At that time Dhaka Dynamites were under pressure, but Shakib Ul Hassan and Dwayne Bravo took them out of trouble. They both put a 34 runs partnership for the fifth wicket. They finished their innings at 188 runs in their 20 overs.
Dhaka’s decision of batting first after winning the toss went well. After their batsmen’s show, bowlers took over from them. Afridi came to open the bat for Riders for the first time after a while, Shahid Afridi couldn’t last much. Afridi could only managed to face two balls and unable to shuffle the scorecard. Rest batsmen followed him came and went at once they 46 for 6. Sohag Gazi and Ziaur Rahman provided some fight and big hits. Sohag Gazi made 36 while Ziaur 60 off 43 balls. Theirs innings wasn’t enough and failed short 42 runs. Evin Lewis was decided as player of the match after a match winning innings for Dhaka Dynamites.
Dhaka Dynamites 188/7 Overs 20 (Lewis 75, Rubel 3-25)
Rangpur Riders 146/8 Overs 20 (Ziaur 60, Shakib 2-11)