- Jozi Stars, Rocks ready for Bullring Rumble
- CSA appoints match officials for MSL Finals weekend; announces weather specific playing conditions
- The new, colourful logo was officially unveiled on Thursday
- Durban Heat up for return Blitz contest
- Spartans down NMB Giants to keep playoff hopes alive
- PSL 2019 Teams Analysis: Quetta Gladiators
- De Kock smashes 93 to put Blitz into play-offs
- It’s Knockout time for AB’s Spartans
- In-form Hendricks blows Blitz away as Stars move 2nd
- Jason Roy joins NMB Giants
Lions win a close encounter
In Johannesburg another T20 Challenge encounter finished in the favor of Lions. When they beaten dolphins by 6 runs. They both are contestants of playing knock-out round because of their position on the points table.
After winning the toss Lions decided to bat first and made 175 runs at the loss of 5 wickets. Lions all 7 batsmen who came to bat scored in double figures. Every Lion player chipped in and contributed accordingly to team’s cause. Mosehle and Rassie van der Dussen remained their top scorer; they made 45 and 41 respectively. Imran Tahir took 2 wickets and both of their top scorers were his victims.
When Dolphins came to chase down this total, they were 2 for 24 in third over of their innings. Both openers were back to the pavilion. Cody Chetty made 35 off 28 at number 3rd spot and Van Jaarsveld made 23 runs. Rest is story and story belongs to Robbie Frylinck of Dolphins his quick 49 off 20 balls, wasn’t enough to chase down 176. They were required win the match in last over, when they needed 20 runs off that particular over. Dolphins fail short of only 6 runs. Bjorn Fortuin picked up 3 wickets and Hardus Viljion also took 3 wickets but gave away few runs.
Top Performers of the match
Batsman of the match – Robbie Frylinck (Dolphins)
Bowler of the match – Bjorn Fortuin (Lions)
Lions 175/5 Overs 20
Dolphins 169/9 Over 20
Lions won by 6 runs