- Preview: MSLT20, Match 13, Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 12, Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat
- MSL ‘Dream Team’
- Dynamite Comes in Small Packages!
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
Babar, Imad star Pakistan thrash Australia by 66 runs
Pakistan comprehensively beat Australia in the first game of the T20I series played at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium on Wednesday. Pakistan posted a decent score of 155 runs courtesy of splendid half-century from Babar Azam.
Mohammad Hafeez also produced a decent of 39 runs and added 73 runs with Azam to see Pakistan in a good position to post a decent total on the board. Australia never got going in their innings as Imad Wasim and Faheem Ashraf did most of the damage to see the visitors get bundled out for 89 runs.
In pursuit of 156 runs, Australia got off to worse possible start as Aaron Finch and D’Arcy Short were dismissed in the first over of the innings. Left-arm spinner Imad Wasim made a big impact in his comeback for Pakistan in the format. The explosive duo of Chris Lynn and Glenn Maxwell also failed to produce anything on the night.
All-rounder Faheem Ashraf dismissed Lynn and Maxwell to see Australia reeling at 22 for 6 after 5.2 overs. Ashton Agar and Nathan-Coulter-Nile tried to occupy the crease to save Australia from further embarrassment.
It proved to inevitable as Australia were dismissed for just 89 runs inside 17 overs. With this win, Now Pakistan
Earlier in the day, Australia won the toss and opted to bowl first. Babar Azam played exceedingly well and put on a match-winning partnership with Mohammad Hafeez to see Pakistan post 155 runs from their 20 overs. Azam scored 68 off 55 balls with the help of five fours and a six. For his figures of 3 for 20, Imad Wasim was awarded man of the match against Australia. The second game of the series will be played on Friday.
Get the latest updates and News follow us on our social media channels