- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots FOR CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE, 2017
- Trinbago Knight Riders FOR CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE, 2017
- Jamaica Tallawahs FOR CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE, 2017
- St Lucia Stars FOR CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE, 2017
- Barbados Tridents FOR CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE, 2017
- Guyana Amazon Warriors FOR CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE, 2017
- CSA launches T20 Global League
- Bangladesh not in favor of touring Pakistan in near future
- Indian government rules out cricket series with Pakistan
- Pakistan to play T20 friendly in Kabul
Deal Ends: CSA & RAM are no more partners now
RAMSLAMT20 isn’t happening under this name; rather it’s now CSA T20 Challenge, because Cricket South Africa and RAM Couriers have not agreed to continue this exercise which lasted about 4 years. Now their partnership is ended.
Here are few notes from that release issued by CSA
AFTER four exciting seasons as headline sponsor of Cricket South Africa’s franchise T20 competition, Cricket South Africa and RAM Hand to Hand Couriers have agreed not to exercise an option to extend the sponsorship of the competition for a further two years.
“With a new domestic T20 League within our sights, regrettably we were not able to agree on the option to extend our current relationship,” said CSA Chief Executive, Haroon Lorgat.
“Our initial agreement with RAM was for three years and we had last year agreed on a one-year extension which ended last season.
“We’ve seen the competition grow impressively and I must commend RAM for the wonderful innovations they introduced every year. Their energy contributed to us having a great commercial partner and I wish to take this opportunity to thank them for their support of cricket.
“I am sure we will continue our relationship in another form as RAM are passionate South Africans who wish to continue their involvement in cricket.” concluded Lorgat.
There have been many highlights in the RAM SLAM over the last 4 years including:
Catch a Million Competitions
Big name international players participating
Global Television Coverage of the RAM SLAM
Increasing crowd attendance in 2013/2014 season and 2014/2015 season
David Lazarus, Executive Chairman of Ram, said: “We have thoroughly enjoyed co-creating and sponsoring the Ram Slam and we look forward to continuing our relationship with CSA going forward.”
This season’s competition will go ahead as planned commencing on 12 November 2016. It means it will be only CSA T20 challenge 2016-17. Cricket South Africa will bear all of its expenses. They might earn from TV rights and other commercial activities.