- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 13, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 12, Quetta Gladiators vs Lahore Qalandars
- Twitter reacts on Karachi Kings another batting flop show
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 11, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 10, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 9, Peshawar Zalmi vs Karachi Kings
- Twitter reacts on Quetta Gladiator 3rd straight win
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 8, Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
- PCB appoints new live production partner for HBL PSL 2019
- Salman Butt to replace Mohammad hafeez in Lahore Qalandars
Dhaka Dynamites going strong and leading the BPL table
Dhaka Dynamites started this years’ edition with a comprehensive win, and they are continuing their perfect form at home ground. Now they will be going to Chittagong, currently leading the points table of Bangladesh Premier League 2016-17. On the other side Comilla Victorians are still winless during first phase of BPL 2016, and yet to off the mark under same captain who won last years’ edition. One thing is favoring them in this year’s edition is that they are winning the toss in all of their matches, now they need to convert that luck of winning tosses to a match winning one.
Comilla is winning the toss and giving oppositions to bat and always missed to chase down totals. Dhaka was to bat first after losing the toss; they posted highest score of BPL 2016. They had a fantastic bunch of players this year, mix of experience of overseas and local players are giving them results, which are mostly liked by franchise owner at the moment. Mehedi Maruf once again scored highest runs among the other teammates, what a player he is in this year’s edition.
He has shown his aggression of playing T20 cricket at its best. You can take any team from Dynamite player; they all are performers of the all day. Nasir Hossain scored runs; Shakib and Sangakkara were also made few runs to teams’ total. Dynamites posted 194 runs in their 20 overs of batting. Most of Victorians’ bowlers were expensive and wicket less, only Rashid Khan (Young Leg Spinner) from Afghanistan remained standout performer for them, he took 3 wickets in his four overs.
Comilla Victorians were requiring chasing down this huge total. It was very tough to chase down this total without having proper partnerships. This year it isn’t happening for them, they are losing their wickets on regular intervals while batting. Only Mashrafe Mortaza their captain and Sohail Tanveer once again remained their top scorers, and they are both premier bowlers as well, it means their batsmen are missing the trick of applying themselves at the crease. Now they need to have a settled combination, otherwise it will be tough for them to comeback from now onward.
They could only score 161 for 9 wickets in 20 overs and fail short about 33 runs. Mohammad Shahid once again remained their top wickets taker in this m match with his figures 3 for 34 in his 4 overs. Once again Mehedi Maruf decided as a player of the match, this is his second player of the match award in this year’s BPL.
Dhaka Dynamites 194/5, 20 overs (Mehedi 60, Nasir 43; Rashid 3/28)
Comilla Victorians 161/9, 20 overs (Mashrafe 47, Sohail 20; Shahid 3/34)