- Dynamite Comes in Small Packages!
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
- Paarl Rocks’ Kyle Verreynne aiming for the top prize
- Ferguson, Munro and Seifert to face England in T20 warm-ups
- Jozi Stars sign Shoaib Malik for MSL
Ferguson helps Kiwis down Sri Lanka in only T20I
Another dismal end for Sri Lanka on this tour and they are going to Australia without winning a single game here in New Zealand.
Today they faced each other at Auckland for only one T20 International clash, which was won by New Zealand by 35 runs, thanks to brilliant late order batting by their batsmen and followed by some brilliant bowling by Ferguson and Sodhi.
Batting first New Zealand didn’t have a start what they were looking for, but Taylor, Bracewell and Kuggeleijn scored some worthy runs to enable Kiwi bowlers to defend something.
Chase of Sri Lanka never got going, as they kept losing their wickets on regular intervals, which results
Sri Lanka tour of New Zealand, 2018-19
Only T20I at Eden Park, Auckland on Jan 11 2019.
New Zealand: 179/7 in 20 overs (Doug Bracewell 44, Scott Kuggeleijn 35, Ross Taylor 33; Kasun Rajitha 3/44, Lasith Malinga (c) 2/24)
Sri Lanka: 144/10 in 16.5 overs (Thisara Perera 43, Kusal Perera 23; Lockie Ferguson 3/21, Ish Sodhi 3/30)
Player of the Match: Lockie Ferguson (New Zealand)
Result: New Zealand won by 35 runs