- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 13, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 12, Quetta Gladiators vs Lahore Qalandars
- Twitter reacts on Karachi Kings another batting flop show
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 11, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 10, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 9, Peshawar Zalmi vs Karachi Kings
- Twitter reacts on Quetta Gladiator 3rd straight win
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 8, Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
- PCB appoints new live production partner for HBL PSL 2019
- Salman Butt to replace Mohammad hafeez in Lahore Qalandars
Franchise Based Cricket in Nepal
Zohra Sports Management (ZSM) on Friday announced franchise-based Everest Premier League (EPL) Twenty20 Cricket series in Nepal that will take place from 24th September till 3rd October 2016.
The Twenty20 tournament is the updated version of Nepal Premier League (NPL) and comprises of the same six corporate team – Panchakanya Tez , Colors X Factors, Vishal Group Warriors, Kantipur Gurkhas, Jagdamba Rhinos and Sagarmatha Legends.
See also: Complete List of Squads
CG Foods is the title sponsorship for the 2016 edition of the tournament. EPL will be played in the T20 format in Round Robin League and each team plays minimum five matches.
“We have allocated around Rs 5.4 million just as match fees for the entire Wai Wai EPL this year. This is undoubtedly the highest match fees being paid in Nepali cricket domestically so far”, ZSM MD Aamir Akhtar said.
“Nepal Cricket team is on rising and is in need of more cricket to be played inside Nepal to rise further. Wai Wai EPL offers various purposes in player’s growth, earning decent match fees, promoting cricket to the next level and many more. I would like to thank the sponsors, players and all team owners of the team in materializing this concept”, he further added.
|Tej||Panchakanya Group||Sharad Vesawkar|
|Colors X Factors||Teletalk Pvt Ltd||Gyanendra Malla|
|Vishal Group Warriors||Vishal Group||Parash Khadka|
|Kantipur Gurkhas||Kantipur Publications||Basanta Regmi|
|Jagdamba Rhinos||Shankar Group||Shakti Gauchan|
|Sagarmatha Legends||Ghorahi Cement||Binod Bhandari|
See also: Complete Fixture of EPLT20
“The objective of the Wai Wai EPL is to elevate cricketing standard in Nepal and the tournament is set to introduce young talents in the leadership of experienced national players and Wai Wai is committed to putting all its support in harnessing the full potential of cricket in Nepal.”, Nirvana Chaudhary, CG Group said.
“EPL looks to set a benchmark for domestic cricket in Nepal. We need these kinds of tournaments regularly so that our players get the right exposure. Looking forward to being a part of this cricketing extravaganza” Paras Khadka – National Cricket Team skipper said.
The match fees for players has been set at NRs. 20,000 per match to the Captain of each team, NRs.15000 to the national players who have played minimum 15 International matches, NRs. 12,000 to U19 World Cup players, NRs. 8000 to regional cricketers.