ICC names nominees for the Player of the Month award

ICC names nominees for the Player of the Month award

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has unveiled the nominees for the Player of the Month award for June, showcasing exceptional performances in both the men’s and women’s categories.

In the men’s category, Sri Lanka’s Wanindu Hasaranga, Australia’s Travis Head, and Zimbabwe’s Sean Williams have been recognized for their outstanding contributions. Hasaranga’s remarkable achievement of claiming 26 wickets at an average of 10.00, including three consecutive five-wicket hauls in the ongoing ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier, earned him a well-deserved nomination.

Head’s brilliant knock of 163 in the first innings of Australia’s World Test Championship Final victory against India, along with a valuable fifty in the Ashes Test, secured his place among the nominees. Williams’ exceptional batting performance in the World Cup Qualifier, scoring 532 runs at an average of 133 with three centuries, showcased his incredible form.

In the women’s category, England’s Tammy Beaumont, Australia’s Ashleigh Gardner, and West Indies’ Hayley Matthews have been acknowledged for their remarkable achievements. Beaumont’s record-breaking innings of 208 in the sole Ashes Test, becoming the first English woman to register a Test double hundred, earned her a nomination.

Gardner’s impactful performance in the Test match against England, taking four wickets in the first innings and eight for 66 in the second, solidified her position as a contender. Matthews’ century and three wickets in West Indies’ victory over Ireland in the first ODI of the series showcased her all-round skills.

The nominees are selected based on their performances throughout the calendar month, with the final winners determined through a voting process. The ICC Voting Academy, comprising renowned journalists, former players, broadcasters, and ICC Hall of Fame members, holds a 90% share of the vote. Fans registered with the ICC have the opportunity to contribute their votes, accounting for the remaining 10%. The winners will be announced on the second Monday of each month through the ICC’s digital channels.

The Player of the Month award recognizes exceptional cricketing performances and highlights the talent and dedication of players from around the world.

Also, see:

Is India safe enough for Pakistan? PCB sends security team to assess security conditions for World Cup