- Afghanistan to host Bangladesh in Dehradun
- Bravo signs for Middlesex T20 stint
- PCB limits contracted players to two T20 leagues in one season
- I want to play in the World T20 in 2020, Shoaib Malik
- Time to Cash Money from Pakistan Super League
- T20 Cricket is the WAY TO GO for Broadcasters
- Why Brendon McCullum’s 9000 T20 runs ought to be celebrated?
- Bravo is a champion as CSK won thriller
- List of IPL 2018 Broadcasters
- Jason Mohammed to lead West Indies on Pakistan Tour
KKR advance in rain hit Eliminator
As Jaggi and Gambhir scrambled through the final single to seal victory for KKR, one would expect the celebrations in Kolkata to go on way into the night. However there was a slight issue with that ; it was already 01.27. A severely rain affected eliminator meant that, having amassed a modest 128/7 on a tough batting track, DL dictated that SRH would have to defend 47 from just 6 overs, with the chase resuming at 12.25 am local time, marginally before the cut-off point of no more play.
In modern day cricket this was never going to be too difficult a chase for KKR, and despite losing a flurry of early wickets, the skipper Gautham Gambhir was able to steer his side to victory with a very credible 32 from 19 coming in at 4. The key to victory for KKR however was their disciplined, intelligent bowling attack spearheaded by Nathan Coulter-Nile (3 for 20 from 4 overs) who never let Sunrisers innings get ahead of steam, by letting off an almost metronomic back of a length assault on the frustrated batsmen.
Sunrisers Hyderabad 128/7 (20 Overs)
Kolkata Knight Riders 48/3 (5.2/6 Overs)
Result: Kolkata Knight Riders win by 7 wickets (D/L Method)
Player of the Match : Nathan Coulter-Nile (3/20 in 4 Overs)
For complete schedule and Results of IPL 2017