- Afghanistan to host Bangladesh in Dehradun
- Bravo signs for Middlesex T20 stint
- PCB limits contracted players to two T20 leagues in one season
- I want to play in the World T20 in 2020, Shoaib Malik
- Time to Cash Money from Pakistan Super League
- T20 Cricket is the WAY TO GO for Broadcasters
- Why Brendon McCullum’s 9000 T20 runs ought to be celebrated?
- Bravo is a champion as CSK won thriller
- List of IPL 2018 Broadcasters
- Jason Mohammed to lead West Indies on Pakistan Tour
Knights wins opener of CSA T20 Challenge 2016-17
Knights are eyeing their maiden title of CSA T20 Challenge, and dream start might help them to lift the title for the first time.
See also: Knights are eyeing
Toss won by Cape Cobras and their captain decided to put Knights to bat. Knights made this task as an opportunity and made 184 runs with the help of Kruger’s 74 and few twenty’s by their 3 batsmen. Dane Paterson took 3 wickets while Goerge Linde and Jason Smith took 2 wickets.
Cape Cobras had in the mind that this target might be away from their reach. They were 3 for 32 inside 5 overs. From that position it wasn’t easy for their middle and late order batsmen. Only Keegan Peterson and Goerge Linde could cross 30 runs mark, while others were out of shape. Bowlers of Knights did well to restrict cobras at 146 runs only. Marchant De Lange was their pick of bowlers. He took 3 wickets and his spell was decisive, rest of the bowlers also picked up wickets to give them an impossible victory. In CSA T20 Challenge, we have two awards, Batsman of the Match and Bowler of Match. Batsman of the match Kruger (Knights) and Bowler of the match Award was given to Marchant de Lange (Knights) respectively
Knights 184 for 8 (Kruger 74, Paterson 3-40)
Cape Cobras 146 (Petersen 39, de Lange 3-17, Kruger 2-30)