- Time to Cash Money from Pakistan Super League
- T20 Cricket is the WAY TO GO for Broadcasters
- Why Brendon McCullum’s 9000 T20 runs ought to be celebrated?
- Bravo is a champion as CSK won thriller
- List of IPL 2018 Broadcasters
- Jason Mohammed to lead West Indies on Pakistan Tour
- Cricketers reactions of smith presser
- Smith steps down as RR captain, Rahane to lead
- Pakistan 15-member squad for T-20I series
- PSL Teams are heading toward Pakistan via Twitter
Mashonaland Eagles beat Mountaineers in an eliminator to clinch the title
Zimbabwe National T20 Challenge 2016
Last day, Final of Zimbabwe Domestic Twenty20 Computation was held and Mashonaland Eagles beat Mountaineers in an eliminator to clinch the title at the Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo.
After winning the toss Mountaineers choose batting first and could manage to score 167 for 6. Eagles were Chasing 17 in the one-over shootout bowled by Bright Mugochi, the left-arm spinner, Mountaineers fell one short. This despite Hamilton Masakadza’s power-hitting delivering a boundary and a six to bring the equation down to four runs off the last ball, off which only a brace was possible.
That they needed an eliminator to decide the winner was largely because of Tendai Chatara, who conceded just four runs off the final over to force the game into a tie as Eagles also finished on 167 for 6 after 20 overs.
Cephas Zhuwao (71) and Chamu Chibhabha (37) put on 69 in just 5.5 overs to set the chase up nicely, before Mountaineers struck twice in four deliveries. When Regis Chakabwa was dismissed, Eagles were in a hint of trouble at 80 for 3. A 42-run stand for the fourth wicket between Zhuwao and Tinotenda Mutombodzi, who made a sprightly 22, before the slower bowlers applied the choke to force the game into an eliminator.
Earlier, Mountaineers rode on Masakadza’s 42-ball 66 to post 167. Despite his strong show with the bat, it boiled down to his big-hitting prowess at the end once again, but on the night, the Eagles managed to hold on by the thinnest of margins in a thrilling finale.
Final Scores before Eliminator
Mashonaland Eagles 167 for 6 (Zhuwao 71, Chibhabha 37) tied with Mountaineers 167 for 6 (Masakadza 66, Munyaradzi 2-36)
Eagles won the Super Over Eliminator