- Preview: MSLT20, Match 13, Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 12, Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat
- MSL ‘Dream Team’
- Dynamite Comes in Small Packages!
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 2, Durban Heat vs Tshwane Spartans
- Preview: MSLT20, Match 1, Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
- Glenn Maxwell has decided to take a break from cricket, citing mental health issues
- Ireland and Netherlands qualify for the play-offs
- Williamson to miss T20s with hip injury Southee to lead
- Nelson Mandela Bay ready to welcome MSL 2.0 fans
Moeen Ali joins Cape Town Blitz in MSL
England all-rounder Moeen Ali is on his way to the Cape Town Blitz for the opening of the Mzansi Super League as a replacement for Pakistan international seamer Wahab Riaz, who will join the Cape Town Blitz at the conclusion of his international commitments.
Ali will be available for the Blitz’ two opening matches against the Jozi Stars in Johannesburg on 8 November and two days later in Paarl against Paarl Rocks.
Cape Town Blitz head coach Ashwell Prince is looking forward to Ali bringing all his experience to the squad.
“Moeen brings huge international experience to the team and in County cricket, he won the T20 Blast in 2018 with Worcestershire Rapids and he led them to 2019 final, so we’re looking forward to having him in Cape Town,” Prince said.
He is no stranger to the shores of the Mother City as he has had previous stints with St Augustine Cricket Club in the Western Province club league.
“I’m very excited to be part of the MSL and joining Cape Town Blitz for the start of the tournament. I’m looking forward to playing with and against some world-class players,” Ali said.
Cape Town Blitz CEO Nabeel Dien expressed his excitement about Ali returning to a city he is familiar with.
“Moeen Ali is a great acquisition for us, he has an affinity to Cape Town and club cricket in the Province going back a number of years. We’re looking forward to having a player of his quality for the start of the tournament,” Mr. Dien said.
Riaz will be available for selection for the first home game of the competition against Jozi Stars on 14 November.