Suresh Raina has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. The 35years old took social media to break the news of his retirement. Mr. IPL, thanked the BCCI, the Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association, Chennai Super Kings, BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla, and the fans for their support throughout his cricketing journey. He tweeted:
Suresh Raina’s International Career:
Raina’s international career spanned 13 years. During these 13years he played 18 Tests, 226 ODIs, and 78 T20Is for India. He even got the opportunity to captain the team. Suresh is the second-youngest player ever to captain India. He has scored 5615 runs from 226 ODIs and 1605 from 78 T20Is that he played for India. He was part of the squad that won the ODI World Cup in 2011. Raina was the first Indian batter to score a century in all three formats of international cricket.
Suresh Raina’s IPL Career:
For the Indian Premier League (IPL) he captained Gujrat Lions. He also served as the Vice-Captain of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK). Suresh represented Chennai Super Kings (CSK) for 11 seasons between 2008 and 2021. Suresh Raina won four titles with CSK in 2010, 2011, 2018, and 2021. He still remains their top scorer with 4687 runs from 176 matches. He was released by Chennai Super Kings ahead of the 2022 player auction where none of the ten franchises bought him.
- Raina is the first ever cricketer to reach 5,000 runs in IPL.
- He is the second player after Chris Gayle and India’s first player to hit 100 sixes in the IPL.
- Mr. IPL holds the record for the most runs scored in the powerplay in an IPL match.
- Raina holds the record for most no.of catches (107) in the IPL.
- He was the first Indian player to score 8000 runs in his Twenty20 career.
- Suresh holds the highest run scorer (842 runs) in the Champions League T20
- He also holds the record for scoring the most fifties in Champions League T20 history.
Get the latest updates and News follow us on our social media channels