- Imran Tahir bowled an incredible super over, SA 1-0 up
- we are confident that today’s T20 International will take place without any light interruptions
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Final, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator 2, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Qualifier 1, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 30, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 27, Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 29, Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 28, Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United
All Round Afghanistan win 1st T20 International
It was all round performance shown by Afghanistan in 1st Twenty 20 International against UAE. After posting 161, bowled immensely impressive and restrict UAE to 150.
After winning the toss and choosing to bat first. Afghanistan scored quickly led by great knock from Mohammad Shahzad 29 ball 38 runs. This knock of Shahzad was steady one but it made their team’s faith to go big in later overs. Mohammad Nabi and Karim Janat made a healthy contribution to the cause of posting something to defend. They both made (26) and (25). In this match three players made their T20 International debut Fareed Ahmad and Karim Janat of Afghanistan; Mohammed Qasim made his route to International T20 Cricket representing United Arab Emirates. After run-out of Janat in 17th over, Najibullah Zadran played a jam of an innings, he made 31 off 10 ball including 3 Sixes and 2 Fours. Afghanistan added 55 runs in the last three overs, because of some powerful hitting by their late order players.
In second innings UAE’s openers gave a good start to the team, but halted by Janat’s brilliant bowling spell, when their top order removed by Janat at 41 for 3 in 7th over. Somehow Shaiman Anwar and Rameez Shahzad put 65 runs stand at a healthy run rate, and chances were uprising for UAE, but few quick wickets caused them and all hopes were shattered. Shaiman Anwar and Rameez Shahzad made 34 and 49 respectively. Afghan bowlers did a fantastic job and performed according to their role Janat finished with 3 for 31, Fareed’s economical figures 4-0-21-2 and Rashid ended with 2 for 27 from his four overs.
Player of the match was awarded to debutante Karim Janat (Afghanistan)
Smart Score Card
Afghanistan 161 for 6 (Overs 20) (Shahzad 38, Najibullah 31*, Shahzad 3-34)
United Arab Emirates 150 for 7 (Overs 20) (Rameez 49, Janat 3-31, Fareed 2-21, Rashid 2-27)
Result: Afghanistan beat UAE by 11 runs