- Global Zalmi League 2018 Fixture announced
- Nasir Jamshed banned for One year
- PSL Champions Peshawar Zalmi announce to host Global Zalmi League next year
- CSA T20 Challenge 2017 Schedule & Results
- Live Streaming of HBL Pakistan Super League Player Draft 2017
- Rangpur Riders Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Sylhet Sixers Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Rajshahi Kings Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Khulna Titans Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
- Chittagong Vikings Squad For Bangladesh Premier League, 2017
Shahzad’s brilliant batting gave Riders a debut win
After winning all important toss Riders captain, Naeem Islam didn’t hesitate to give batting his opponent team. Vikings were confident that, they can post huge total and will avoid due factor as well in the second innings. But all plans were shattered, when their whole team all out inside 20 overs. Vikings could only manage to score 124 runs, which weren’t impossible one to chase down by any team in the second innings.
Malik was looked impressive batting while others were out of shape against Riders bowlers. Malik once again performed well but got out on the wrong time, he remained highest scorer from Vikings, but could only score 30 runs. Other notable performance was done by Anamul Haq, who got out himself once again in the shape of run out. Now he is 2 run outs of 2 matches in this BPL. Rangpur Riders bowlers were up to the task every bowler did well and contributed accordingly. Sohag Gazi and Gleeson picked up 2 wickets while Shahid Afridi, Arafat Sunny and Rubel Hossain picked up 1 wicket each.
When Riders openers Mohammad Shahzad and Soumaya Sarkar came into bat, they started their batting with big shots. Their fifty runs came 7th over of the innings. They both added 77 runs to their team’s score. After dismissal of Sarkar, Shahzad didn’t stop by hitting shots and making tough for bowlers of Vikings. Shahzad’s blistering knock gave Riders a victory on which they can feel proud. They chased down this total in exact 15 overs, which is a booster for their net run-rate. Afghan wicket-keeper Shahzad was honored as player of the match on making 77 runs and giving team a 9 wicket victory. Shahzad’s knock was key to success of Riders was decided player of the match as well.
Here is small scorecard:
Match No. 4
Chittagong Vikings 124/10, 19.4 overs (Malik 30, Anamul 25; Shohag 2/18; Gleeson 2/30)
Rangpur Riders 125/1, 15 overs (Shahzad 80*, Soumya 23; Mills 1/30)