- Afghanistan to host Bangladesh in Dehradun
- Bravo signs for Middlesex T20 stint
- PCB limits contracted players to two T20 leagues in one season
- I want to play in the World T20 in 2020, Shoaib Malik
- Time to Cash Money from Pakistan Super League
- T20 Cricket is the WAY TO GO for Broadcasters
- Why Brendon McCullum’s 9000 T20 runs ought to be celebrated?
- Bravo is a champion as CSK won thriller
- List of IPL 2018 Broadcasters
- Jason Mohammed to lead West Indies on Pakistan Tour
The 2020 ICC WT20 to be held in Australia
The 2020 ICC World Twenty20 is scheduled to be the eighth ICC World Twenty20 tournament, with matches to be held in Australia. Cricket Australia is designated as the sole host board for the tournament. Although there were speculations that both Australia and New Zealand will host the tournament, as at the 1992 Cricket World Cup and the 2015 Cricket World Cup, but later it was confirmed by New Zealand Cricket that Australia would be the sole host for the tournament. In April 2016, ICC Chief executive David Richardon said that he will push for at least two more teams to be added to the first and second round in future World Twenty20. Australia has not previously hosted the Twenty20 world cup event.
“The fact is the time zone for this part of the world, relative to the rest of the cricket playing world, is not ideal.
“But what makes it special is the tournaments have come few and far between, which adds to the excitement and the level of anticipation for this event.”