- CSA T20 Challenge Knights vs Titans Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Warriors vs Lions Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Lions vs Knights Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Warriors Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Cape Cobras Preview
- Titans aim to bounce back in Benoni
- CSA T20 Challenge Dolphins vs Lions Preview
- Dolphins out to continue the good start
Proteas women complete T20i series whitewash
The Proteas women secured a comfortable 39-run victory over Sri Lanka to secure a series whitewash in their third and final T20 international fixture at SuperSport Park on Wednesday.
After being put in to bat first, the unchanged South African side posted a hefty 163/5 at the end of their innings thanks to knocks of 38, 36 and 35 from captain Dané van Niekerk, Tazmin Brits and Lara Goodall respectively.
Player of the match, Suné Luus posted 26 runs from 15 deliveries and took one wicket to help their side to their third consecutive victory.
Nineteen year-old Nadine de Klerk was the pick of the bowlers, returning figures of 3/27 in her four-over spell on a day that saw her take her maiden T20 international wicket. She began with the big scalp of Hasini Perera for 13 in the eighth over, followed by two in a row – Imalka Mendis and Nilakshi de Silva for six and none respectively.
Sri Lanka were eventually restricted to 124/8, Shabnim Ismail showing her class and returning figures of 2/11 in her four overs. The second wicket falling off the final delivery of the match to remove Kavisha Dilhari for nine.
The tour moves to Potchefstroom where the teams will meet in a three-match One-Day International series starting this Monday, 11 February. South Africa will look to take their momentum into the next series as they continue their mission to qualify for the 2021 ICC Women’s World Cup.