- Hero Caribbean Premier League Draft to take place on 22 May 2019
- Imran Tahir bowled an incredible super over, SA 1-0 up
- we are confident that today’s T20 International will take place without any light interruptions
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Final, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator 2, Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Eliminator, Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Qualifier 1, Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 30, Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 27, Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Preview: Pakistan Super League 2019, Match 29, Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
Panchakanya Tez wins maiden EPL title
Aasif Sheikh smashed an unbeaten century to help his side clinch the maiden Everest Premier League T20 title against Colors X-Factors in the final by 40 runs at Kirtipur.
Sheikh smashed 111 runs from just 64 balls including 7 fours and 8 sixes in the first innings after Panchakanya won the toss. Sharad Vesawkar (2), Karan KC (5) and Prithu Baskota (8) failed cheaply but he held the inning at the other end. Asif was well supported by Arif Sheikh (23) for the fourth wicket partnership of 47 runs.
An unbeaten partnership of 64 runs from 14 balls, for the fifth wicket between Asif Sheikh and Sonu Tamang set the tone for Panchakanya Tez to compile a mammoth total of 171 runs.
Avinash Karn, Amar Singh Routela, Sanjam Regmi and Yogendra Singh Karki shared wicket apiece for X-Factors.
Chasing 172 runs, Colors X-Factors had a bad start, losing 3 wickets for 24 runs. Both the openers were removed by left-arm spinner Sushil Kandel. Fajrul Khan departed for a duck while the other opener Hari Shankar Shah made 14 runs. Amar Singh Routela was promoted at 3 but he could only manage 9 runs before giving an easy caught and bowled off Bhuwan Karki.
Skipper Gyanendra Malla and Rajesh Pulami Magar steadied the ship and managed 74 runs partnership for the fourth wicket. Malla smashed 4 fours and 2 sixes in his brisk inning of 47 runs while Magar managed run a ball 37 scoring 2 sixes.
Once Malla was dismissed in 13th over by Dipendra singh Airee, X-Factors’s hopes were dismantled. Magar, Siddhant Lohani & Yogendra Singh Karki were dismissed in a same over by pacer Karan KC. It was a matter of time for Panchakanya Tez to bundle out their opponent, and they did it in style.
Sharad Vesawkar, brought himself for the 18th over and grabbed two wickets to restrict X-Factors for 131 runs and clinch their maiden title.
Former Indian Cricketer, Ajay Jadeja was invited as a Chief Guest for the presentation ceremony and he awarded NRs. 5 Lakh to the winning team and a trophy.
Asif Sheikh received the Player of the final along with Emerging player of the tournament. He scored 220 runs in 6 matches with a strike rate of 134.97.
Likewise, Sompal Kami earned the Player of the tournament award. He scored 125 runs and took 6 wickets in 5 matches for Jagdamba Rhinos.
Future of EPLT20 Cricket
Next year Cricket Nepal will also add overseas players in their premier domestic T20 tournament. Which is very good news for Nepal Cricket Supporters. Keep an eye on homeoft20 and Cricket Nepal. We will bring more Twenty20 cricket from Nepal in upcoming days.