- A record number of players enter Hero CPL draft with player list announced
- All-round Nida Dar puts Pakistan 1-0 in T20 series
- Jamaica Tallawahs have signed Chris Gayle as their Marquee Player
- Hero CPL tournament moves to 4 September to 12 October 2019
- CSA T20 Challenge Knights vs Titans Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Warriors vs Lions Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Lions vs Knights Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Warriors Match Preview
Cobras earned their first win of CSA T20 Challenge
Finally Cape Cobras earned their first win of the year 2016-17 season of CSA T20 Challenge. They were defending 163 runs, which warriors weren’t able to chase down. After losing first 2 matches in the tournament, they were anxiously waiting for the night on they can off the mark.
Toss was won by Warriors and they put cobras to bat. Cobras shuffled their batting order by sending Parnell up to the order and to open the inning for them. He along with Pollard managed his team’s score to 162. Parnell scored 61 well helped by eight boundaries, while Pollard made 50 runs in 27 balls, Pollard’s innings included by few out of the parks; in fact four of them went out of the park. Brich once again remained their key bowler for warriors, he picked up three wickets. Brich’s bowling figure 3 for 28 remained their top performance.
When they (Warriors) came to chase down that total, their batsmen found difficulty to play on the same pitch and they were 58 for 5 at the end of 9th over. Cobras bowlers did early damage to their batting order. If your team was five down at the half way down, it is difficult to chase down the total. But at sixth wicket Colin Ackermann and Fortuin (wicket keeper batsman) resisted well. They both put lone 50 runs partnership of warriors’ innings. But it wasn’t enough for team to win this match. Goerge Linde was their top wickets taker, he took 3 wickets, but he was not alone who did damage but earlier Rory Kleinveldt was part of that Carnegie. Kleinveldt bowled really well and finished his spell 2 for 16 in his four overs.
Here are top performers of the match awards
Batsman of the match – Keiron Pollard (Cape Cobras)
Bowler of the match – Goerge Linde (Cape Cobras)
Cape Cobras 163/8 (20 Overs)
Warriors 151/8 (20 Overs)