- CSA T20 Challenge Knights vs Titans Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Warriors vs Lions Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Lions vs Knights Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Dolphins Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Cape Cobras vs Warriors Match Preview
- CSA T20 Challenge Titans vs Cape Cobras Preview
- Titans aim to bounce back in Benoni
- CSA T20 Challenge Dolphins vs Lions Preview
- Dolphins out to continue the good start
Russell to lead Jamaica Tallawahs in CPL 2018
Andre Russell to lead Jamaica Tallawahs in CPL 2018, Jamaica has won the competition two times in the previous editions. This year they will definitely look to put their best foot forward as well, especially with the likes of Shahid Afridi, David Miller, Ross Taylor, Samuel Badree in the tank.
“We have a very good, balanced team. We have a team that is not just about the names, it’s all about what they can do as well and how quickly they can change the game,” Russell noted.
“I truly believe in all-rounders in T20 cricket and I think that’s what we have. I think we have guys that can bat and bowl and once you have eight guys in a team that can do that, I think you have a good team on paper.”
Russell also mentioned how important this competition for him and he is excited over this years’ opportunity given by Jamaica.
“I always set personal goals but I don’t let it out loud because I don’t want to say I want 20 wickets, 30 wickets and I only get 10. It’s always good to have your personal goals but I don’t like to say it out loud. Every player wants to get wickets, take a lot of catches, score runs, but I have my personal goals and I just hope I can achieve them.”
“It’s a good feeling, honestly, I missed out last year due to a one-year suspension. I’m looking forward to it, not just looking forward to play but looking forward to being the captain for the Jamaica Tallawahs, as well and looking forward to doing a good job,” Russell said.