- List of the broadcasters of MSLT20 2018
- Review – IPL 2019 retained players
- Womens World T20 Cup 2018 Schedule and Results
- Mitali Raj guides India a 7-wicket win over Pakistan
- Pakistan complete clean sweep over New Zealand
- India cruised after facing a worthy Windies’ comeback
- Shaheen Afridi shines as Pakistan clinch T20I series against New Zealand
- Live Blog | Pokhara Premier League T20 2018
- Pakistan eke out win over New Zealand in the first T20I
- Rangpur Riders Squad for Bangladesh Premier League 2019
Zalmi Foundation and the United Nations Information Centre Pakistan signed a MOU
Zalmi Foundation and the United Nations Information Centre Pakistan signed a ‘Partnership Agreement’ to promote the Sustainable Development Goals
Islamabad, 16 August 2018: The Zalmi Foundation and the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan signed a ‘Partnership Agreement’ to work together towards the promotion of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The ceremony was held at the United Nations Information Centre in Islamabad. The agreement was signed by the Chairman, Peshawar Zalmi & Zalmi Foundation, Javed Afridi and Director, a.i UNIC, Vlastimil Samek.
Mr Afridi said that the foundation has been working relentlessly for the past 3 years to promote sports and empowering the youth in Pakistan, especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. They have also been working towards promoting gender equality and women empowerment. After the partnership with UNIC, we hope to work even with more passion and dedication towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in Pakistan, he added.
Mr Samek shared that cricket programmes provide unique opportunities for the Youth to be leaders being team captains, team managers, coaches as well as cricket officials. In these roles, they all become representatives of their communities and are thus required to show a much greater level of responsibility. “I hope that this Partnership will help to further deepen the understanding about the SDGs among the all strata of people, particularly the Youth of Pakistan,” he said.
About Zalmi Foundation:
Zalmi Foundation has been working for the promotion of sports and education in Pakistan along with empowering women and fighting for gender equality. Till now, the foundation has initiated the Zalmi Talent Hunt, Zalmi School League, Zalmi Azadi Cup, Women cricket coaching clinic and much more. In KP, the Haier Zalmi 100 pitches project was launched to enable the players to have a proper platform at the grass root level.